X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CSST pipe

Anyone recognize what brand this CSST pipe is? Found a leaking fitting on a job and I want to make sure this fitting is the correct one for this type of pipe. I've already tried tightening, taking it apart and putting it back together and it won't stop leaking.19892e36ec10dd13b9af64bb35894e31.zip I was thinking this might be the wrong fitting for this pipe????
    Last edited by rwr2003; 12-08-2011, 06:21 PM.

Re: CSST pipe

my best guess is tract pipe. since gastite encapsulate the yellow sheath into the fitting.

but the yellow cover has all the information written on it. all you need to do is see a 2' long section and it will id everything you need to know.

chances are the cut at the end has a burr.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

This is just a suggestion as well. Check to make sure that the furells are in there. I've done a couple of jobs where the guy only had one half the furell in the connection. Of course it leaked like crazy. Depending what type it is of course. We use Trac and Wardflex mainly here. They both use a furell method, so definetly check that and make sure they are not damaged, a scar or scratch can do wonders you wouldn't believe.
      Wise man said "Hot on the left, cold on the right,
      crap flows downhill, and checks come on Friday"

Comment

Originally posted by Belite
        its diamondback i heard its no good.
        i rather doubt it as he's from california and unless there's an oddball supply house selling that brand i'm sticking with tract pipe.

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
        X