X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Copper VS. Aqua Pex???

We are a plumbing company who does a lot of "single" and "multi" family dwellings. With changes in materials being used we would like to see what your opinions are on Aqua Pex versus Copper is?
    Plumber Los Alamitos, Plumber Long Beach, Plumber El Monte, Plumber La Mirada, Plumber Seal Beach, Plumber Lakewood

Re: Copper VS. Aqua Pex???

AquaPEX (Uponor) is the best PEX on the market IMO. Used it for years with not a single issue. Not cheap though.
    Will Rogers Plumbing
    Moore, Oklahoma
    (
    405) 323-2852

"Your Solution for Any Sewer and Drain Cleaning Needs"

"We Unclog Drains That Others Can't"

www.willrogersplumbing.com
    http://willrogersplumbing.com/?page_id=8

"Oklahoma's Favorite Plumbers!"

Comment

Hey,

you may get a lot of flack for asking this question on here buddy, Just fair warning. This is a question I have seen on this forum atleast 10 times since I ve been a member. So no telling how many times its been asked before then. But as for me, "I'll be your huckleberry". Now to answer your question, Nowadays its going to be PEX all day. Its a no brainer for a Plumber/Contractor. The price and time it takes to install is just a win-win. But of course only time will tell about the durability of the product PEX, But most contractors warranty I guess 1-5 years, roughly. So You would have to hope it will at least make it that long. I feel if you install properly and take pride in your work, then you will be ok. But If I were a homeowner and to install for my own home its copper on here all day. Its proven durabilty is unquestionable. Trust. Check the forum for past Topics on this very subject and you'll see for yourself. Good luck
      Wise man said "Hot on the left, cold on the right,
      crap flows downhill, and checks come on Friday"

Comment

In California, a builder is on the hook for a 10 year implied warranty on a new house.

Comment

Originally posted by lovetheUSA View Post
          In California, a builder is on the hook for a 10 year implied warranty on a new house.
          Actually it is not really a 10-year warranty. There is a statute of limitations of 10-years for a latent defect in California. Many other States have the same statutes.

Mark
          Last edited by ToUtahNow; 12-14-2011, 11:07 PM.
          "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by Will Rogers Plumbing View Post
            AquaPEX (Uponor) is the best PEX on the market IMO. Used it for years with not a single issue. Not cheap though.
            I recently re-plumbed my house in PEX, using AquaPEX. I paid $32.55/100 ft, whereas the cheaper was $26.95/100 ft. It seemed easier to work with and took to bending easier, so for me, the small difference in price was OK.

Comment

Originally posted by PhilC View Post
              I recently re-plumbed my house in PEX, using AquaPEX. I paid $32.55/100 ft, whereas the cheaper was $26.95/100 ft. It seemed easier to work with and took to bending easier, so for me, the small difference in price was OK.
              It's the Uponor brass fittings and other specialty Uponor fittings that make it expensive. The pipe is not to bad.
              Will Rogers Plumbing
              Moore, Oklahoma
              (
              405) 323-2852

"Your Solution for Any Sewer and Drain Cleaning Needs"

"We Unclog Drains That Others Can't"

www.willrogersplumbing.com
              http://willrogersplumbing.com/?page_id=8

"Oklahoma's Favorite Plumbers!"

Comment

what about the plastic fittings ? they should help keep the price down?

Comment

This same damn question again? Seriously?

Is the search button broken?

Comment

I know here in BC the choice is made for you and most likely the same for you. If you are doing lots of new construction and bidding, you have to go with the flow because if everyone else is doing pex or aquapex, you wont get any work if you are going to quote copper all the time! It's an economy driven choice, not a plumber's choice it seems here. If you are quoting 700$/fixture like tons of bidders here on houses, you wont be keeping much lengths of copper in your van. The ease of using pex makes it fun. Copper will always have a place though i feel, coming off water heaters and boilers. The code here in BC is neat, for pex up to 3/4 you can go through a adjoining walls of 2 suites and with uponor aquapex it is allowed up to 2 inch! Is that wild? Just got to follow fire stopping codes though.

Comment

Originally posted by dlarrivee View Post
                      This same damn question again? Seriously?

Is the search button broken?
                      Have you tried using the search button on this forum? I have used it a lot in an attempt to find some of my older posts and let me assure you that half of the time I have had to use Google to finish the job. I am not saying "To hell with the search button". It would drive me crazy to see a bunch of stuff show up day in and day out. If this were a busier forum this would be the case, but telling the newbs to search is semi worthless due to the fact search function has a problem finding what you are looking for.
                      We don't have preventative maintenance around here, we have CRISIS MANAGEMENT!

Comment

Working...
                      X