X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Hot Water Pressure...

A few days ago, I replaced the pressure release valve on my 5 year water heater. The seals in the old valve had worn out. The house is over 200 years old and the pipes are very old as well (don't know the age).

After bleeding my lines, I noticed I had no hot water pressure going to my kitchen sink. It was the only faucet in the house I had no pressure. I checked the faucet, but nothing was clogging it there.

I read online that I should wait a few days for the rust and sediment in the line to dry up and then re-bleed the lines again (after emptying the water heater). I did that. After bleeding the lines, I now have no hot water pressure anywhere in the house.

What could be causing this?

How can I fix it?

Thanks!

Re: No Hot Water Pressure...

If they are galvanized lines they may have clogged up with sediment from your heater or what broke loose when you drained and refilled. It may be time for a repipe my friend. But first would need to know more info on what type of water lines you have it could be something very simple as well you never can tell.

Comment

Definetly sounds like sediment clogging the lines. Hot water heater is probably fine. Just needs to be flushed, (run cold water line through hot water heater while drain valve open until water comes out clear. You could probably run some white vinegar through the lines to help disolve the sediment in lines. Also need to remove stops probably for they are more than likely clogged with sediment. Shower valve bodies will probably be the same as well. This is typical with homes with hard water and old galvanized pipes. You have to routinely flush your Hot water heater every year just as maintance. sometimes twice a year depending how hard the water is in your area. Hope this helps
      Wise man said "Hot on the left, cold on the right,
      crap flows downhill, and checks come on Friday"

Comment

Call a plumber and have him back flush the hot lines , they worked just the other day
        So they should work when he gets done

Comment

Thanks, everyone for answering. I left the kitchen faucet on and earlier this evening, water came gushing through. I then went to the bathroom and kept turning the shower faucet on and off and it worked the sediment out of the system as well.

The pipes are galvanized, so I think I may have to take your advice and get them replaced.

Have a Merry Christmas!

Comment

Originally posted by celliottii View Post
            Thanks, everyone for answering. I left the kitchen faucet on and earlier this evening, water came gushing through. I then went to the bathroom and kept turning the shower faucet on and off and it worked the sediment out of the system as well.

The pipes are galvanized, so I think I may have to take your advice and get them replaced.

Have a Merry Christmas!
            Yeah bud not trying to spend your money but the reality of it is if your having problems like that now its never going to fix the problem. Backflushing and all that will get you buy but how much money do you put in a sinkng ship before you replace it?

Comment

Working...
            X