Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Water hammer arrestors? What is the very best you can buy?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water hammer arrestors? What is the very best you can buy?

The subject of arrestors has me wondering. Are there any good proven brands models?

I see lots of chatter about them being a wast of money do to short life span. Please school use all what's good and what to stay away from?

Re: Water hammer arrestors? What is the very best you can buy?

properly adjusted water pressure and an expansion tank pressurized to match the incoming pressure will stop a lot of the banging. The other thing i figured out is to remove the heat traps from the water heater. it makes a huge difference.

Comment

Water hammer arrestors are load of crap no matter where you position them on the water line the only way to fix the problem is to install a 500 KPA (72.5 PSI) pressure limiting valve on your cold water supply pipe at the meter which will reduce the hot and cold water pressures on the whole property.

Tony

Comment

So you're saying when a solenoid controlled valve shuts off very quickly, as long as the water is only at 500kPa, then you wont have any bang noise?

I beg to differ.

Comment

Originally posted by dlarrivee View Post
          So you're saying when a solenoid controlled valve shuts off very quickly, as long as the water is only at 500kPa, then you wont have any bang noise?

I beg to differ.
          I`m sorry you don`t agree and you are a licienced plumber with over 40 years experience in hot and cold water services

Tony

Comment

Working...
          X