Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can't find water leak/leaks... Please - Any Suggestions - We Are Desperate!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Can't find water leak/leaks... Please - Any Suggestions - We Are Desperate!

Originally posted by Pipestone Kid View Post
    I agree with Delcase. If the meter is locked, how does the city know how much water was used????
    you have to agree with me first because he agrees with me
    Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
    http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
    http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

Originally posted by Coach Michelle View Post

I will keep everyone posted - MUCH GRATITUDE!
      ANY UPDATE? I found your post researching my similar problem. I got a huge water bill, but can't find any leak. Water meter doesn't move at all when everything is off. I can't imagine where thousands of gallons of water went without me noticing.

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
        American leak detection
        BOOOOO! Find a plumber that has this capabilities.

We are out there....you will need a plumber anyhow.
        AllurePlumbing.com
        • leak detection
        • drain cleaning
        • utility locating
        • conductor fault locating
        • and other specialties.

Greensboro NC, Winston-Salem NC, High Point NC, Thomasville NC, Kernersville NC

Comment

Originally posted by DELCASE View Post
          I'm with hawk ..every meter i have seen the water running through it is how the dials turns
          The city is giving you the run around also
          I have seen and found leaks so small that the meter doesn't show a leak.....usually on the radio meters (sends a signal to the man in the truck without lifting the lid to read).
          AllurePlumbing.com
          • leak detection
          • drain cleaning
          • utility locating
          • and other specialties.

Comment

If you stopped paying the bill, I bet they would find a way to shut off the supply.
            When seconds count, the police are only minutes away.

Comment

sounds like the meter reader is radioing the log/phoning it in kinda thing. I would check the last bill against the current reading and see if it coincides. Easiest way to locate a leak either in ground or underslab was with compressed air. Build an adaptor to the outside hose bibb, turn off all consumers and charge it... leak will sing to you

Comment

Originally posted by Dumfatnhappy View Post
                sounds like the meter reader is radioing the log/phoning it in kinda thing. I would check the last bill against the current reading and see if it coincides. Easiest way to locate a leak either in ground or underslab was with compressed air. Build an adaptor to the outside hose bibb, turn off all consumers and charge it... leak will sing to you
                Watch the pressure you don't want to blow the relief valve on the water heater or blow an expansion tank.
                AllurePlumbing.com
                • leak detection
                • drain cleaning
                • utility locating
                • and other specialties.

Comment

Can YOU READ THE METER?

Neighbor connectingarden hose to water their lawn?
                  Sprinlker system leaking?
                  I'd take an educated guess - but I'm unqualified.
                  It ain't just soot, it's paydirt.
                  "I swear, wherever Gift goes, argument follows." -Youtube comment

Comment

Working...
                  X