Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse

How To Post Images

Want to know the how to upload images to your posts? Image Posting Tutorial
See more
See less

Another dumb idea: Shall I diffuse liquid dish soap in our toiletank?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Another dumb idea: Shall I diffuse liquid dish soap in our toiletank?

Originally posted by Killing time View Post
    Okay guys maybe im misunderstanding this post. But you put dish soap in a toilet tank to lubricate the rim of the bowl to see if mineral deposits have built up and is causing the toilet to flush slow or improperly. If a toilet will not flush without soap it is time to replace the toilet. Hope this helps.
    Last year I used white vinegar and a plastic piece to remove the mineral buildup slightly constricting the rim holes.
    Justhinking that a little dish soap in the bowl water may allow solids to stick less and wash away moreasily.
    I'd take an educated guess - but I'm unqualified.
    It ain't just soot, it's paydirt.
    "I swear, wherever Gift goes, argument follows." -Youtube comment

Comment

Robert go back to the chemestry set hopefully it came with instructions. Plumbing and electrical does require common sense. But it also requires training education oh whats that last thing.... Like driving oh yah a license simply being cheap doesnt compensate for asking weirs fricken questions i get the feeling you think of it has a hobby and get some sort of thrill from doing it.. but what about the average homeowner who thinks it makes sense and creates some sort of problem. " not so much the dishsoap but the continous "absent minded" questions. A boss once told me sean theirs no such thing as a stupid question just stupid fking people" not trying to insult you but come on man you knew the answer when you posted another dumb idea? Sorry if im rude i ask alot of questions to seanny

Comment

Originally posted by seanny deep View Post
        "...A boss once told me sean theirs no such thing as a stupid question just stupid fking people" not trying to insult you but come on man you knew the answer when you posted another dumb idea? Sorry if im rude i ask alot of questions to seanny
        Don't apologize.
        I'd like to try this but don't wanto ruin the mechanism by doing so. Was told here thathose drop-in blue dye cleaners can cause damage.

What red-blooded American boy read the instructions in his chemistry set? I was there to make colorful explosions.
        I'd take an educated guess - but I'm unqualified.
        It ain't just soot, it's paydirt.
        "I swear, wherever Gift goes, argument follows." -Youtube comment

Comment

The blue dye things are chlorine, and the chlorine in the concentrations it created in the tank eat up the rubber, in the flapper, soap most likely in the concentrations your desiring would not hurt any thing, as my guess your not wanting it any more than doing dishes in the sink, and even if it was strong the soap I doubt would have little effect on the parts,
          Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
          attributed to Samuel Johnson
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Plain old water works just fine in my water closets.

Comment

Working...
            X