Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Another dumb idea: Shall I diffuse liquid dish soap in our toiletank? Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another dumb idea: Shall I diffuse liquid dish soap in our toiletank?

At a garage sale I bought a small chemistry glass beaker whichas a rubber stopper with a small hole.
    Wouldish soap in the beaker cause any damage if I place the beaker inside to slowly diffuse the soap into the tank water?
    Thank you.
    I'd take an educated guess - but I'm unqualified.
    It ain't just soot, it's paydirt.
    "I swear, wherever Gift goes, argument follows." -Youtube comment

Re: Another dumb idea: Shall I diffuse liquid dish soap in our toiletank?

Why into the toilet tank? Why not just a bucket of water?

Comment

Robert have you been cooking Meth with your chemistry set? You know that stuff will make your teeth fall out & post crazy ideas on the internet.

Comment

Plastic "spoon" drops a few drops of dish soap into the toiletank.

Originally posted by MR.FUDD View Post
        Robert have you been cooking Meth with your chemistry set? You know that stuff will make your teeth fall out & post crazy ideas on the internet.
        Why do you think I boughthe flasks and beakers? No, I don't even do caffeine.

Justhinking thathe bowl may wash more cleanly.

A minute ago a friend e-mailed thathere is a plastic spoon float-activatedevice which dips into a reservoir of dish soap.
        It drops a few drops into the tank when the water returns to the top.
        It clamps to the top of the tank.
        Last edited by Robert Gift; 01-04-2012, 08:20 PM.

Comment

Re: Plastic "spoon" drops a few drops of dish soap into the toiletank.

There is a person I know that has a toilet that will not flush unless there is a drop of soap is added to the bowl before flushing, (my guess is the toilet is not setting level) but they have a soap pump bottle to use if you use the toilet to help it flush.
          If your system works, let me know and I may pass it on to them,

If you like to drown bugs, or flush dead mouses down the toilet, the soap should help a lot.
          Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
          attributed to Samuel Johnson
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

I think I need to be heavily medicated after reading this thread so far.

Comment

This might work too:

Comment

fluidmaster sold a system that attached to the refill hose and directed the bowl cleaner into the bowl via the overflow pipe. i would think a little bypass hose into that beaker wight work wonders or create a soapy mess.

are you sure you're not related to wousoko

rick.
                phoebe it is

Comment

I use diswashing soap. Get the dishes done while I'm on the pot.
                  I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

F your flush needs dish soap lay off the cheese and flax....

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Gift View Post
                      At a garage sale I bought a small chemistry glass beaker whichas a rubber stopper with a small hole.
                      Wouldish soap in the beaker cause any damage if I place the beaker inside to slowly diffuse the soap into the tank water?
                      Thank you.
                      Read on Terry Loves plumbing forum ,toilet rating. He lists toto ultramax as best flusher. It also has sani gloss finish, skid free
                      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
                        Read on Terry Loves plumbing forum ,toilet rating. He lists toto ultramax as best flusher. It also has sani gloss finish, skid free
                        Too expensive.
                        Dish soap is much cheaper and easier.

Comment

Just use thé neighbours toilet Thats cheapest.

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
                            Try the Gerber Avalanche, half the price.

Comment

Okay guys maybe im misunderstanding this post. But you put dish soap in a toilet tank to lubricate the rim of the bowl to see if mineral deposits have built up and is causing the toilet to flush slow or improperly. If a toilet will not flush without soap it is time to replace the toilet. Hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
                              X