Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quick question for research of a new product

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Quick question for research of a new product

    First of all thanks in advance for your time in reading this. I am curious about what percentage of new construction plumbers are using some type of machined end copper stub out for supply lines. And also an estimate of what plumbers are using in different areas of the country as far as PEX vs. copper. Also if using copper are the stub outs machined closed or do you solder a cap on them? Any information would be greatly appreciated, if you could include with your response aprox. where you are from that would be great. A little about me... I am a general contractor from the Pacific Northwest, 5 yrs ago while building my own house, as an attempt to save some money helped my father (25 yr plumber) plumb my house, while helping him I came up with an idea that I believe would be a very valuable tool to any plumber. I am currently working on a working prototype and a patent. I can't wait to post a video of it in action. Thanks again.

  • #2
    Re: Quick question for research of a new product

    Sounds like you're going to break into the market with something it doesn't need.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Quick question for research of a new product

      Originally posted by JSellinger View Post
      First of all thanks in advance for your time in reading this. I am curious about what percentage of new construction plumbers are using some type of machined end copper stub out for supply lines. And also an estimate of what plumbers are using in different areas of the country as far as PEX vs. copper. Also if using copper are the stub outs machined closed or do you solder a cap on them? Any information would be greatly appreciated, if you could include with your response aprox. where you are from that would be great. A little about me... I am a general contractor from the Pacific Northwest, 5 yrs ago while building my own house, as an attempt to save some money helped my father (25 yr plumber) plumb my house, while helping him I came up with an idea that I believe would be a very valuable tool to any plumber. I am currently working on a working prototype and a patent. I can't wait to post a video of it in action. Thanks again.
      Anymore, we just use and re-use push-on caps for both Pex and copper stub-outs. John Guest or Shark-bite.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Quick question for research of a new product

        in the years 1981-95 of new construction of large projects, copper was always the norm. 90% was copper bullets the other 10% was ips stubs using temporary gal nipple and caps. tub and shower valves were also predominately ips stubs, with the finish swapping out to brass nipples.

        now i tend to use a brass sharkbite cap as a temporary cap for the copper stub. this saves the expense of a manufactured bullet. but then again years ago it was not uncommon to have thousands of stub outs on a project.

        looking forward to the newest and greatest invention for the trade.

        rick.
        phoebe it is

        Comment

        Working...
        X