Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cant loosen Moen T4570 bathroom faucet to change cartiridge

Hey Guys!
    I am new user here and trying to become a DIYer I want to change the cartiridge of Moen T4570, but cant unscrew the faucet, its oval shaped and i have tried using taped pliers but its just too slippery ...any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance
    BHola NY

Re: Cant loosen Moen T4570 bathroom faucet to change cartiridge

To start it would be smart to search the net for an exploded view of the faucet so you get an idea of what you need to take apart.

This one appears to need a special hollow wrench to remove a plastic ring from above the cartridge before you can remove it. Even after you get the ring off, old cartridges are often hard to remove as the rubber gaskets and o-rings are usually dried out and stick.

To get a better grip on the old cartridge, I use the existing screw that goes into the top of the cartridge to match the threads of a much longer screw, roughly 3", then screw the longer screw into the cartridge and pull it out with slow, steady pressure.

Putting it back in will be easier, though you really need to be sure not to cross thread the thin plastic ring that holds down the cartridge.

Be well,

Rich

Comment

Originally posted by BholaNY View Post
      Hey Guys!
      I am new user here and trying to become a DIYer I want to change the cartiridge of Moen T4570, but cant unscrew the faucet, its oval shaped and i have tried using taped pliers but its just too slippery ...any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance
      BHola NY
      Get a roll of duct tap and firmly wrap it around the base of the tap about six times firmly then get a pair of good multi grips clamping onto the base of the tap with a good grip and undo tap whatever you do don`t try those crapy Ridgid strap wrenchs.
      I did buy a couple of different size rubber strap wrenches with the plastic handles from the local hardware and they worked well but when all else fails you my have to buy new tap tops as the fool who installed them over tighten them

Tony

Comment

Thanks Rich and Tony will try your suggestions and keep you guys posted about what happened

Comment

Working...
        X