X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no hot water pressure in certain areas

not sure if my last one posted, but I took over a house 17 days ago and when the weather turned dramatically cold yesterday, I lost hot water pressure is part of my duplex. The upper level was good yesterday and I managed to get it back in the lower area yesterday by opening up the hot water taps and running the only one that worked ,in the kitchen. During the night we lost hot water again and tried everything I did yesterday but got a few hints of life and then nothing. I tried following the pipes to see if there was any frozen areas but they are all enclosed in the walls and ceiling and I dont want to make any holes quite yet. I am assuming my pipes are frozen but do not have the money to call people in, is there anything I can do

Re: no hot water pressure in certain areas

Turn up the heat in the house
    If you get it running let the faucets drip a little

Comment

Yep, crank the heat up and open all cabinets and closet doors. Keep someone home while it's thawing out because that's when copper pipes split open and start spraying water.

Comment

thank you, I have done that, I have talked to a few plumbing companies and that is what they recommended. Now because all the pipes are enclosed in the walls and such and have no idea where they are, they said that to wait until it melts, listen for the water and watch to see where we start to get water damage so they know where to knock holes. Is this what you guys would recommend or should I get someone in and just start ripping and hoping. thank you

Comment

Keep the heat up on the walls around the faucets not working
          you might get lucky, dont make the hole until you got a leak

Comment

thank you so much for your help, you have saved me alot of money, I was lucky so far and seems to have no leak, you guys are amazing

Comment

Working...
            X