X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sanitary tee on its back

i had a plumber come in and put in a clothes washer in my kitchen ( i know wierd place for it) he used two inch pipe for stand pipe and p trap which is above the floor then after the trap he went into a sanitary tee with quick vent on the upper side and then straight threw the floor. two feet under he connected it into three inch drain which runs horizontal along wall which serves a water closet up stream. he used a sanitary tee to connect to the 3 inch pipe but i read a few threads on here that see sanitary tees cannot be used on there backs. is this set up going to be a problem.

Re: sanitary tee on its back

Eventually it will.....as your going to get debris built up in that area.....should have been a wye...
    Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
    You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

Derek

Comment

he says it wont be an issue but i wanted to see what you guys thought.

Comment

It will work but Its poor practice what kind of air admittancr valve did He use

Comment

sure vent. is it un common to see set ups like this

Comment

Um it works i probally would have used √* air admittance valve to but definetly Not √* San t on Its back what did He do for th√© waterlines
            Last edited by seanny deep; 01-22-2012, 08:31 PM.

Comment

...just for giggles, how 'bout a pic?

Comment

Should I be really concernd or will it not likely be an issue. I would think it would be a definint problem for a toilet hooked up this way but will it be alright for clothes washer every thiing else he did looks great.

Comment

Tell your Plumber to show YOU in your states code book, where sanitary tee's are allowed on it's back.

Will it be an issue down the road? I guess it depends, but the main thing is for "snaking" reasons.

Comment

Probally be ok but i wouldnt. Do it did He put √* cleanout in?

Comment

there is a clean out in p trap and pipes are easily excessble in basement so if needed a clean out would not be to big of an issue to install. would you say that the sanitary tee is something i should spend money on to have fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by bmcc77 View Post
                        there is a clean out in p trap and pipes are easily excessble in basement so if needed a clean out would not be to big of an issue to install. would you say that the sanitary tee is something i should spend money on to have fixed.
                        No, I wouldn't spend the money on having it replaced.

Besides...if you're that concerned about it, your Plumber should come back for free and replace it, cause he knows darn well it's not legal to use in that situation anyways.

Comment

well i wasnt overly concernd i just wanted to make sure that having this fitting there wasnt going to cause my washer to not drain and spill all over my kitchen ha. looked like it would work to me but thought i would ask some guys with experience.

Comment

hey,

I gotta believe in the time I have been doing plumbing, I have never been allowed to put a San tee on its back. Its poor craftsmanship and professionalism. These guys out here have to stop calling themselves plumbers when they are clearly not. That is 1 year apprenticship 101 knowledge. If this guy took the time out to look in a IPC code book he would know that is a no no. These things are written in the codebook for a reason. If it causes a problem or doesn't , why take the chance when you know its wrong. The only thing your gonna feel now is guilt because you know its wrong and maybe one day come home and have a surprise all over your floor. Then your gonna kick yourself because you know you could have fixed it before it ever got to be a problem. Well good luck to you.
                            Wise man said "Hot on the left, cold on the right,
                            crap flows downhill, and checks come on Friday"

Comment

Originally posted by bmcc77 View Post
                              i had a plumber come in and put in a clothes washer in my kitchen ( i know wierd place for it) he used two inch pipe for stand pipe and p trap which is above the floor then after the trap he went into a sanitary tee with quick vent on the upper side and then straight threw the floor. two feet under he connected it into three inch drain which runs horizontal along wall which serves a water closet up stream. he used a sanitary tee to connect to the 3 inch pipe but i read a few threads on here that see sanitary tees cannot be used on there backs. is this set up going to be a problem.
                              If I read this right it sounds as though the horizontal 3 inch line has a santee installed on its back with the waste water from the washer coming down into it. This is not code and not recomended . However it will probebly never cause a problem. I would not worry about it.

Comment

Working...
                              X