Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installed Vigo VG08001? or any shower panel

Hey guys,

I'm working on my home master bathroom with my brother. I bought the Vigo VG08001 shower panel. Anyone ever rough in one of these? It is a royal PITA. It took me hours to map out the exact location where the panel wants the supply to be. It seems like the panel wants the rough in, in a very specific area to allow installation, but they provide no schematics or rough in dimensions. I called them and they said it is up to the plumber's discretion. That sounds like a bullsh*t cop out to me.

Has anyone installed this or another panel? I love the way the panel looks and it is a great bang for the buck. I can't imagine a kohler or Grohl panel not having rough in dimensions though.
    Attached Files

Re: Installed Vigo VG08001? or any shower panel

If you got the unit sitting in front of you
    Just measure the area the water needs to stub in
    The plumber discretion would be for the height your going to set the unit
    Just pick were you want the jets to hit and go with it

Comment

It seems that simple but it isn't. The hose needs a certain amount of play to be able to wrench it onto the supply, and then it needs a certain amount of movement to be able to pull up and down onto the hooks it sits on. Then the supplies need to be within a certain area not to mess with the innards of the panel, and the hoses can only kink so much before they do not fit or put pressure on a sprayer. In the end of the day, I think that there is only one place the stub outs could be for it to work, and for some reason Vigo doesn't care to cough that up. The panel can be anywhere on the wall, yes.

You have installed the panel or any panels before? I've done a handful of shower bodies and never had an issue.

Comment

Hosh is this for your own home?

Comment

Yes, it is. Master bath. Why? If it is anything against the panel or anything I won't be insulted. I'm always all ears.

Comment

May I ask what you're currently using to make hot water in your home?

ie: Tankless,tank water heater,boiler with domestic coil, boiler with indirect water heater.

Comment

Here is your installation instructions, incase they were not sent.

http://www.vigoindustries.com/fronte...bc78052f39.pdf

Comment

I have a tank water heater. I'm aware I will have limited hot water if everything is on at once. The jets are more of an occasional treat I think. I do have the instructions, thank you. What I'm wishing is that they provided some rough in details.

I think you would have to have installed this to realize how stupid it is. Oh well, it's done. I was just hoping to touch base with someone that also might have installed one, or ask someone who has installed a different brand of panel if the installation were more clear.

Comment

Originally posted by Hosh View Post

You have installed the panel or any panels before? I've done a handful of shower bodies and never had an issue.
                  Yea i have put in a few not so sure of the brand the guy had , I was actually in his house yesterday looking at one.
                  he was having trouble with the identically unit he has in a house in Atlanta

The instructions ment nothing to me .
                  Take the flex lines and bend them into a comfortable position in the open space on the back of the panel and mark were the male adapters need to be on the unit , pick the height and your done

Comment

Yeah, that is what I did. It just takes time to figure it out. I'm not a plumber so it would naturally take a little longer, but the reviews lots of people put up have said the plumbers did it wrong. Once I set it up, I did the mock up install that I have pictured above, and found out that the hose did not have enough play in it to wrench it on the male adapter. I figured out another way though.

I guess in the end of the day it would have taken me just as much time to rough in all the jets and diverters seperately. I just had to vent a bit.

Comment

What is the best type of water heating for this type of unit anyway? Tankless? I don't have room in my boiler room for a bigger tanked water heater. Next house maybe.

Comment

I have a better plan for installation for Shower panels.I would give it 5 stars but I feel like this product could use some help with the installation process. Its pretty hard tightening the supply lines to your valves coming out of the wall. Longer supply lines would be nice. Also, make sure you have excellent water pressure, as with any body spray system it requires great water pressure to really work properly.
                        If you want to another instruction than visit us at my website.my Installation engineers can providing you to best installation information for shower panels.
                        Bathroom Vanities

Comment

Working...
                        X