X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tankless hot water to hot water heater question

I disconnected the tankless hot water system off of my Dunkirk model 3ew1.oot furnace and installed an electric hot water heater for various reasons, one being cost of replacing the coil. So my question is in regards to the aquastat.... Its a 2 zone house and I have a Honeywell triple aquastat type L8124a with one zone connected to it... I read somewhere, to keep the furnace from firing when it calls for potable hot water and only fire when heat is needed, that I should diconnect the blue wire and turn the temp setting dials all the way down.
    I also read instead of disconnecting the blue wire I should disconnect the red and white and connect them together...
    And also read to just leave it all alone...If I did that wouldnt it run all the time like it used to with the coil?
    All I want to do is keep it from thinking the house needs to heat potable hot water but let it fire when we need heat...
    Anyone have any idea which way to go? Should I turn the hi/lo settings down also?
    Thanks In advance

Re: Tankless hot water to hot water heater question

THE BEST PLACE TO FIND THE CORRECT ANSWER IS ON THE WALL

http://www.heatinghelp.com/
    JERRYMAC
    E-MAILJERRYMAC777@GMAIL.COM
    CALIF. LIC. PLBG,HEAT,DRAINS,ELECTRIC,WATER HEATER, BOILER, POOL AND SPA HEATER
    FIRE SPRINKLER CONTRACTOR,
    SINCE JAN. 1989

Comment

Working...
    X