X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• in trouble

Got an older model 1065 black motor with electric foot switch not the air peddle ,long story short I was ridding a main line yesterday and I popped the breaker so I go to flip the breaker and not realizing that the foot switch was stuck down so when I went back outside I noticed that the drum was spinning very very slowly and where the belts are at I seen white grey smoke ,do the motor still turns on but again extremely slow then smokes ,I think its the aremeture or is it the entire motor that's shot any input would be awesome

Re: in trouble

That electric switch is gonna wrap you up
    Its time for a upgrade

Comment

My 1065 doesn't pull enough to trip a breaker. I think you lost a motor.

Comment

Originally posted by DELCASE View Post
        That electric switch is gonna wrap you up
        Its time for a upgrade
        thanks budd so I should upgrade to the conversion kit then I seen one on Spartan .com for 650$ but I was wondering if I should drop it off at Allan j Coleman on the northside,and see what the also sudgest...

Comment

Thanks^

Comment

GO TO THIS SITE AND MAKE A 800 CALL YOU GET A MUCH BETTER DEAL WITH A TWO YEAR WARRANTY ON THE MOTOR

800-392-4902
            http://trojanworldwide.com/stallion.html
            YOU WANT TO ORDER BOTH MOTOR AND THE GEAR CASE TOGETHER IT WORKS MUCH BETTER FOR YOU THAT WAY
            JERRYMAC
            E-MAILJERRYMAC777@GMAIL.COM
            CALIF. LIC. PLBG,HEAT,DRAINS,ELECTRIC,WATER HEATER, BOILER, POOL AND SPA HEATER
            FIRE SPRINKLER CONTRACTOR,
            SINCE JAN. 1989

Comment

I bought the motor frame assembly ,came with the motor,gfi air foot switch and new belts ,have to admit very quiet but seems like it lost a little bit of power or maybe its just me I prefer the old screamer personally,now I think I'm just gonna get a ridgid k750 easier to move arround but unsure of the power does anyone use one or should I stick with the 1065

Comment

Glad to see you get the upgrade !!!
                I never ran a ridgid machine cant say
                I know When you take your foot off the switch you want it to STOP

Comment

The k750 is not much good for anything other than soft matter obstructions,get the k7500 it is a much better machine.I miss my old k6800 it was an unstopable beast!!

Comment

Thanks for the info,love this machine
                    ,tough on the back ,but roots don't stand a chance.

Comment

Working...
                    X