X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bathtub in new home?

Can anyone tell me if its against code to not have a bathtub in a new home.

Re: bathtub in new home?

No Its Not Its bad for resale value but Its no Where in the national code could be in * regional or provincial i guess? Not here in b.c thou. Why? Do You ask

Comment

Does it at least have a shower? A toilet and a sink in the kitchen is what most certainly a home needs to meet bare minimum code..
      We don't have preventative maintenance around here, we have CRISIS MANAGEMENT!

Comment

There's a trend of small, minimalist, off-grid homes built in the hills near here, the majority of which have no tub. Almost none of them have a dryer hookup and many don't have a washer hookup either.
        "HONK if you've never seen a gun fired from a moving Harley"

Comment

I just finished a bathroom remodel that eliminated the only tub. The home owner said they never used it and considered it a waste of space. Replaced it with a giant walk in shower.

Comment

Thanks I was just clearing up an argument with a carpenter and his customer I thought it was at one time though correct. I agree that no one baths anymore and even our two year old showers.

Comment

like they said it will be hard to sell the house because people with kids need a tub
              Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
              http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
              http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

You can alway have one in the yard,
                Attached Files
                Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
                attributed to Samuel Johnson
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Originally posted by HVAC HAWK View Post
                  like they said it will be hard to sell the house because people with kids need a tub
                  Maybe, but you'd be surprised how many parents are having thier kids shower instead at younger ages. I mean really, most toddlers can stand up, and I personally would rather they be in a shower to clean up than a tub where they could drown. They might use the tub up until a couple years old at most, and heck, some might even just bath them in a large sink or wash tub and just forgo the tub all together as its only needed for a couple years of age. Honestly, I hate tubs, I can't wait to rip mine out and put in a nice walk-in shower. I don't plan on selling, but when I do, if someone is dead set on not buying because of no tub... so be it, the next buyer probably wont care. Just how it is.

Comment

Eventually they will outlaw bathtubs, it is too wasteful in regards to water...

Anyone have an answer to the question from a code standpoint? I recall its a toilet and a kitchen sink, but times (and code) has changed... You dont even need to have flooring or interior doors...
                    We don't have preventative maintenance around here, we have CRISIS MANAGEMENT!

Comment

MB, I believe your correct. I believe a place to bath of some type is required, but I could be wrong. You do not need final floor coverings for a CO as far as I know. Doors either, trim and stuff like that is not needed for a CO, it usually is granted on a "conditional CO" though.

Comment

Working...
                      X