Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse

How To Post Images

Want to know the how to upload images to your posts? Image Posting Tutorial
See more
See less

70-year-old friend dies in my arms. His sister wants pressure boostoilet.

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 70-year-old friend dies in my arms. His sister wants pressure boostoilet.

So much for my CPR. At least Charles died in the arms of someone he loved.

Charles' sister now owns his house.
    She wants the toilet I installed in the 1990's replaced with a pressure boost toilet.
    Should she just get a dual-flush toilet which are on sale at Home Depot and Lowe's?

Note: When I roto-rooted his sewer line, water always splashing at about 30 feet out reveals a low spot.
    Alley is 75 out.

Suggestions?

Thank you.

Story:
    After helping Charles to his bathroom, when helping him out, he collapsed. I caught him. He wasaying that he was weak. "Charles, you relax and I'll take you to your bed."
    I dragged him to his mattress on the floor and rolled him onto it.
    "Charles, you are looking awfully pale."
    No wonder - No breathing, no pulse.

I start CPR using a breathing mask I carry in the SUV.

(A few days earlier I had installed 5 cordless telephones in Charles' house in case he needed one nearby.)
    Called 9-1-1 from the bedroom telephone.

9-1-1 asks his address.
    I DON'T KNOW HIS ADDRESS! I have been to his house countless times, driving into his parking area from the alley.

I take the phone to the front of his house.
    Knowing Charles, some or all of his numbers would have fallen off and I would have to figure out the best combination of the four numbers lying on the ground.

Luckily, they are all still on the wall and I remember his street name.
    EMS arrives and attempts resuscitation. He is pronounced.
    I'd take an educated guess - but I'm unqualified.
    It ain't just soot, it's paydirt.
    "I swear, wherever Gift goes, argument follows." -Youtube comment

Re: 70-year-old friend dies in my arms. His sister wants pressure boostoilet.

Sorry to hear of your friends passing,
    Glad you were there to comfort him in last moments on this earth, I know it is hard,
    Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
    attributed to Samuel Johnson
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Originally posted by BHD View Post
      Sorry to hear of your friends passing,
      Glad you were there to comfort him in last moments on this earth, I know it is hard,
      Thank you.
      Charles was ready to die. He spoke of it, even joked about it earlier that day.
      Still, I was shocked. (He had a good sense of humor and would have laughed at my saying he looked pale - when it was worse.)

I think he had a Deep Vein Thrombosis. Had been in his sofa for two days.
      His sister did not allow and autopsy. I would like to know.

On long flights, I get up and do leg exersizes to minimize this happening.
      Last edited by Robert Gift; 02-14-2012, 06:44 PM.
      I'd take an educated guess - but I'm unqualified.
      It ain't just soot, it's paydirt.
      "I swear, wherever Gift goes, argument follows." -Youtube comment

Comment

Robert,You are a true friend! Bless You and Yours.
        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Toto ultra max,best flusher! Go to Terry Loves site, click on toilet reviews,read about ultramax .Terry sells over 2000 toilets a year. He continually installs different toilets in his own home ,and reviews them. Good luck. PS He was nice enough to spend time on the phone to, help Me !
          I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Sorry to hear the passing of your friend.

Comment

I'm glad you were there, for both of you. Best wishes.
              "Man will do many things to get himself loved, he will do all things to get himself envied." Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Gift View Post
                So much for my CPR. At least Charles died in the arms of someone he loved.

Charles' sister now owns his house.
                She wants the toilet I installed in the 1990's replaced with a pressure boost toilet.
                Should she just get a dual-flush toilet which are on sale at Home Depot and Lowe's?

Note: When I roto-rooted his sewer line, water always splashing at about 30 feet out reveals a low spot.
                Alley is 75 out.

Suggestions?

Thank you.

Story:
                After helping Charles to his bathroom, when helping him out, he collapsed. I caught him. He wasaying that he was weak. "Charles, you relax and I'll take you to your bed."
                I dragged him to his mattress on the floor and rolled him onto it.
                "Charles, you are looking awfully pale."
                No wonder - No breathing, no pulse.

I start CPR using a breathing mask I carry in the SUV.

(A few days earlier I had installed 5 cordless telephones in Charles' house in case he needed one nearby.)
                Called 9-1-1 from the bedroom telephone.

9-1-1 asks his address.
                I DON'T KNOW HIS ADDRESS! I have been to his house countless times, driving into his parking area from the alley.

I take the phone to the front of his house.
                Knowing Charles, some or all of his numbers would have fallen off and I would have to figure out the best combination of the four numbers lying on the ground.

Luckily, they are all still on the wall and I remember his street name.
                EMS arrives and attempts resuscitation. He is pronounced.
                That's really sad to hear man I am so sorry for your loss hopefully he is in heaven now!

Best wishes brotha.

Comment

Pressure assist can be LOUD! Would not install a dual flush on a bellied main.

Toto with G-max system or Geber avalanche for gravity flashers.

Comment

Working...
                  X