Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMDM Intelliseat (washlet) $199 at Costco

Intelliseat
    I'd take an educated guess - but I'm unqualified.
    It ain't just soot, it's paydirt.
    "I swear, wherever Gift goes, argument follows." -Youtube comment

Re: AMDM Intelliseat (washlet) $199 at Costco

i've purchased 2 of them. haven't installed them yet, but they seem like they have all the bells and whistles of the toto, except for the odor control

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
      i've purchased 2 of them. haven't installed them yet, but they seem like they have all the bells and whistles of the toto, except for the odor control
      rick.
      Very easy to install. Be sure to put the washer in the Tee they provide.
      To pull odor away, use the Gift toilet bowl rim vacuum.

They want it to have its own GFCI-protected "separated" circuit.
      Very difficult to do that in a house already built.
      Next project is getting 14-2 from our GFCI-protected outlet above the sink countertop up into the attic over and down the wall behind the toilet to an outlet for the unit.
      Will call our building department electrical to learn what is required.

Comment

Robert, I know you a have an existing condition, but code now requires atleast 1 20-amp GFI outlet within 3 ft. of sink rim for all sinks located in the bathroom & you can share this circuit with other fixtures in the bathroom. I would not tie into that outlet with anything else, because a 15-amp circuit is too small. By the time women plug all their toys in you are at or over 20-amps. At a minimum I would run a new 20-amp circuit to the outlet then to the toilet. When I do a bathroom I put in atleast 2 dedicated GFI outlets that way you never have any problems with breakers blowing. If the lighting circuit is separate from the the outlet can you tie into that instead.

Comment

Originally posted by MR.FUDD View Post
          Robert, I know you a have an existing condition, but code now requires atleast 1 20-amp GFI outlet within 3 ft. of sink rim for all sinks located in the bathroom & you can share this circuit with other fixtures in the bathroom. I would not tie into that outlet with anything else, because a 15-amp circuit is too small. By the time women plug all their toys in you are at or over 20-amps. At a minimum I would run a new 20-amp circuit to the outlet then to the toilet. When I do a bathroom I put in atleast 2 dedicated GFI outlets that way you never have any problems with breakers blowing. If the lighting circuit is separate from the the outlet can you tie into that instead.
          Thank you.
          My wife does not use the outlets for anything but her ChinesEnglish translator charger and a color-changing LED nightlight.
          But you are right because a next resident may plug all kinds of stuff in.

The toilet is in its own water closet! I was also considering connecting to the light and vent fan which is a fixed low load. But I do not knowhere that circuit originates.

I can run another circuit into the house but do not know how to get it to the second floor.

Comment

If the basement ceiling is not drywalled it's easy. Find a closet ( so the drywall patches are easily hid) on the 1st floor that has a wall directly above it on the 2nd floor & go from the basement to the closet then up the 2nd floor wall into the attic then over to the wall where you want to mount the outlet & down the wall to the outlet.

Comment

If the basement ceiling is not drywalled it's easy. Find a closet ( so the drywall patches are easily hid) on the 1st floor that has a wall directly above it on the 2nd floor & go from the basement to the closet then up the 2nd floor wall into the attic then over to the wall where you want to mount the outlet & down the wall to the outlet.
              Wife will not allow any defacement.
              Unfortunate thathe builder did not put in a single 1-1/2 inch PVC pipe for additional runs to the attic. We could also mount an internet dish on the roof and bring the cable to the basement distribution panel if such a pipexisted.
              Instead, everything is a search and struggle.

Comment

Electrical inspector says: "Condu,it."

Thank you.
                I was also considering connecting to the light/vent fan circuit because it has a fixed low load.

Jacketed cable on the garage firewall drywall must be inside metal or pvc conduit.
                From the garage ceiling it appears it can go straight up into the wall behind the toilet. (Must be careful not to drill into the 3-inch toilet line.)
                This would allow a dedicated line from the 15-amp circuit breaker to the GFCI outlet behind the toilet below the tank.
                Last edited by Robert Gift; 02-17-2012, 04:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X