X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Major design question

Hey guys, new to the forum, been lurking for a while as I drove a service truck years back and now design process piping & equipment. (love my job). anyway this just got dropped on me. If this isn't the right place to ask does anyone know where is? The code book is a bit vague (hey now there's a shock)

how would you size a water line for the following? this is a "compound" to include an office bldg, plant, guard house, cafeteria and "camp housing" = (88 quads)

anyway here is the fixture count,

Totals; 188 sinks, 98 water closets, 3 urinals, 91 showers, and 4 drinking fountains.

(begin Jeopardy theme song....)

Re: Major design question

I would use appendix A but more info will be needed. Water pressure, Meter and total distance, etc.

Comment

agreed, fixture count could go between 678-972 which if it's flat and close is a 3" or a 4" not knowing all else... (I responded anonymously)

Comment

i'm completely out of my area here and really shouldn't comment, but just can't help myself. Won't fire supression be the big requirement?
        This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

that's a great point but a separate system entirely (coming from the street) This was just for potable water (consumers).

thnx

Comment

Originally posted by fresnoplummr View Post
            I would use appendix A but more info will be needed. Water pressure, Meter and total distance, etc.
            Is there an online appendix where this can be found easily?

Comment

I'd make the engineer size it.
              No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

Working...
              X