X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• old fashioned tub faucet leak

I bought a Rubex 800CSA tub faucet 4 years ago and in the last two days it has started to spurt water from the holes just before the flex hose when the diverter is switched to hose operation. I have checked the hose and the shower head - they are not blocked. I am wondering what could be causing this? I'd like to open this up but there doesn't appear to be an obvious way to do it. I have uploaded 2 pictures, one with an arrow pointing to the holes where water is escaping. There always was a little water trickling out of here but now it comes with pressure.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	0b558075679b5024e0160d01ceababeb.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	195.9 KB
ID:	16132Click image for larger version

Name:	f8dd220bebf0d094ea65c2f07816f41f.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	216.5 KB
ID:	16133

Re: old fashioned tub faucet leak

those holes are from the vacuum breaker. the issue is either a worn breaker or dirt.

the vac breaker is there to protect the potable water from a cross connection if the hose is left in the tub during a drop in pressure and a siphon occurs. rare, but in theory it can and does happen.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

...i have no solution but i gotta say, thems some mighty fine pics! and i really like the neat arrow! you sure have a better handle on computer/camera picture savvy than me!

steve

Comment

Thanks for your responses fellows!

Comment

Yeah...its what Rick said.....so sayeth Darth....
          Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
          You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

Derek

Comment

Working...
          X