X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speakman issue

I have an old speakman shower body setup. It has 1 shower head and (3) additional sower body heads. Turn the 1 handle and the shower comes on, rotate another valve above the shower valave and the Body Sprays come on.

The problem is this; When you turn the shower on, it only gets so hot, if you slightly crack the other valve, thats when the shower head gets hot, but loses pressure because the bodysprays start to run.

Why does this happen and how come I cant get hot hot water out of my showerhead. I tool it apart and didnt see any adjustments that I can make.

The ShowerBody has to be very old also; All Chrome Valaves and very heavy shower heads
    Last edited by enric162; 03-25-2012, 09:41 PM.

Re: Speakman issue

Sounds like your thermostatic valve needs adjusting, cleaning or a replacement cartridge.

Comment

please show a pic of the faucet.Porcelain handles?Might be able to help find a rebuild kit for it.

Comment

Chrome all Chrome....Thank you Btw

I uploaded an image; Hope you can see

Comment

I don't see a pic.We have a few Speakman faucets still in use in this area.Repair kits can be hard to find but they do exist.You can clean brass parts with acid and cut your own washers to fit.I I'm guessing this faucet of yours is 60 years or older?

Comment

Working...
          X