Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starting dog poopickup service. Flush "merchandise" in what?

Wish that I could find an affordable clinical service sink or a prison cell sink/toilet
    placed in the garage.
    Our motto:
    Your dog's business is our business!

I'd take an educated guess - but I'm unqualified.
    It ain't just soot, it's paydirt.
    "I swear, wherever Gift goes, argument follows." -Youtube comment

Re: Starting dog poopickup service. Flush "merchandise" in what?

Why flush it, waste of water and doesn't make any sense. Tie it up in a plastic baggy and toss in a trash can with lid, let it go with the trash man. Or start another business selling natural compost and fertilizer...

Comment

Originally posted by Alphacowboy View Post
      Why flush it, waste of water and doesn't make any sense. Tie it up in a plastic baggy and toss in a trash can with lid, let it go with the trash man. Or start another business selling natural compost and fertilizer...
      Rather than becoming useless landfill, it is far better to have it digested athe sewage treatment plant where it then DOES become fertilzer placed on farm fields.
      Wish that I could compost it.

Comment

Check with your garbage company, most have "organic waste" pickup these days, and I would think dog poop would qualify as organic waste. But, check with them first.

Comment

How about placing it in a paper bag and tossing it in the garbage. Both will quickly decompose in the land fill.

Comment

Is this what you mean?
            Amazon.com: Doggie Doo Drain Dog Waste Sewer Line Attachment: Pet Supplies

or are you looking to compost on site?
            Doggie Dooley Pet Waste Disposal System at PETCO
            Dogipot DogValet | Pet Waste Disposal Unit | Pet Products | Belson Outdoors
            Amazon.com: Training Champ Disposal System Unit: Pet Supplies
            http://www.upcycle-products.com/static.asp?path=4504
            or build your own;
            How to Make Your Own Pet Waste Disposal Unit | eHow.com

Comment

Originally posted by Plumbus View Post
              Is this what you mean?
              or are you looking to compost on site?
              What great ideas! Thank you.
              The volume will exceed ability to compost and our houses are too close and HOA probably will not allowisible composting.
              We have no cleanout in the yard.
              So far, a toilet bowl in the garage will work. 3-inch waste line is less than two few feet away and I could tie a vent into the laundy room utility tub drain vent.

Comment

WHY?

Comment

Originally posted by ironranger View Post
                  WHY?
                  Better to not accumulate until weekly refuse pickup and better to not have bio-waste go to a landfill.
                  Also easier to flush and bio-waste goes through sewage digestion where it becomes useful soil additive.

Comment

you may want to check with your sewer district and get their OK. In the off chance you putting dog waste into their system causes a main line clog you could be looking at some BIG $$$.

I'd think you'd be better off dumping the waste at their treatment plant just like a septic service, but they usually have a min. dumping fee.???

Another thing to consider. Is there a distinction in the wording of laws/rules between dog and human septage??? I'm thinking not. chit is chit so basicaly you'd be a septic hauler and fall under those rules.?
                    INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
                    Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

I want to see a pic of you when you handle it the second time cramming into the drain Lol

Comment

Hmmm, Robert is a chimney sweep--Guess what happens to the doggie-doo if you don't pay your bill.

Comment

Originally posted by Pipestone Kid View Post
                          Hmmm, Robert is a chimney sweep--Guess what happens to the doggie-doo if you don't pay your bill.
                          We have a 'No money - back guarantee'.

I don't want to ask if this legal. I would just flush as much as the toilet would handle. Also have a garden hose bib with which I can flood with extra water and can run the laundry room faucet which islightly up stream.

Comment

I think I see where you're going with this. Not a lot of margin in the dog poop business so you're trying to find a cheap (free) alternative to get rid of the dog poo? I guess you could just drop them a couple at a time down your toilet and then flush.

Comment

Originally posted by ironranger View Post
                              I think I see where you're going with this. Not a lot of margin in the dog poop business so you're trying to find a cheap (free) alternative to get rid of the dog poo? I guess you could just drop them a couple at a time down your toilet and then flush.

I don't know, I've heard it's picking up.

Mark
                              "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Working...
                              X