Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can a residential water pressuregulator be replaced without unsoldering it?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can a residential water pressuregulator be replaced without unsoldering it?

Not sure thathe 12-year-old Watts N35B pressuregulator is working.
    It has four machine screws holding the front to the body and a large hexagon head cover? athe back of the body.
    Is it made to disassemble and new mechanism installed?

Thank you.
    I'd take an educated guess - but I'm unqualified.
    It ain't just soot, it's paydirt.
    "I swear, wherever Gift goes, argument follows." -Youtube comment

Re: Can a residential water pressuregulator be replaced without unsoldering it?

Although that valve is obsolete, you can still get repair parts. Here is the diagram:
    http://media2.wattswater.com/1915088.pdf

It is often an excersize in futility trying to repair small regulators. Corrosion and "gumming up" of some internal surfaces sometimes interfere with proper operation. But condsidering how much more work it is for homeowner to replace it, you have nothing to lose by trying the repair. THe kit will be under $50, I suspect. N35B Water Pressure Reducing Valves, Obsolete Products, Water Safety & Flow Control - Watts

Comment

I have never had a problem repairing any PRV. Just make sure that you get the info off of the tag as some manufacturers do make minor changes over time. If you get the identical one to swap it is pie with a couple of pliers and teflon tape.
      AllurePlumbing.com
      • leak detection
      • drain cleaning
      • utility locating
      • conductor fault locating
      • and other specialties.

Greensboro NC, Winston-Salem NC, High Point NC, Thomasville NC, Kernersville NC

Comment

I had a similar situation - I also have a Watts N35 regulator which failed some years ago. Form what I recall I could not get those screws off. In the end I replaced it with a new N35. Mine was connected with unions so it was no big deal to replace - took about 5 mins. However I think it is now obsolete so the next time this happens it will end up being a bigger job

Comment

Working...
        X