Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Some powdered soap residue remains in dispenser. New GE SS interior dishwasher Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Some white detergent wet "mud" remains in GE's manual soap dispenser. No excuse.

I think that is the right move

Comment

Re: Some white detergent wet "mud" remains in GE's manual soap dispenser. No excuse.

Any chance you can switch to liquid detergent?

Comment

Originally posted by JoePolvino View Post
        Any chance you can switch to liquid detergent?
        Yes!
        Good idea.
        But we have several big boxes of Cascade powder detergent we want to use up.
        Also, is liquid detergent morexpen$ive per wash than powderedetergent?
        I'd take an educated guess - but I'm unqualified.
        It ain't just soot, it's paydirt.
        "I swear, wherever Gift goes, argument follows." -Youtube comment

Comment

It probably is a little more expensive (this site says you'll save $1.37 per year using powder over liquid). With a newer dishwasher, you're likely paying less in energy and water per load. And with hard water, I'll bet you can easily get away with using only half or 3/4 the amount of liquid in the dispenser if you put in a teaspoon of calgon. Walmart sells 32 oz powder of the stuff for $4.76, and I'll bet it will last you a couple years.

Put the powdered detergent on craigslist or donate it to a church or school.

Yeah, not everything new is a 1:1 replacement. Look at HE washing machines and the detergent they require, and now even the gasoline you get at the pump requires an additive if you use it in certain small engines!

Comment

Try adding a cup of white vinegar to your next load and report back to us.

Comment

GE-mail offer to send technician out again.

Thank you, Diana.

I shall have to free four more hours from work to be home for your technician to visit and again tell me that nothing is wrong?
              - For your technician to inform that our water temperature at the faucet, (he measured 123 F.) is not hot enough - though your Owners Manual indicates 120 F. to 150 F.?
              -To offer no explanation why, upon completion of the entire WASH and RINSE cycles, some detergent "mud" remains in the manual soap dispenser. NOT WASHED OUT OF THE DISPENSER?

Robert

-----Original Message-----
              From: gechsconsumerrelations <gechsconsumerrelations@ge.com>
              Re: Case: 12431114, Model: GDWF100V400BB, Serial No:LV833692B
              This is Diana, I am following up for Krista who isout of the office today. Please do let us know if there is anything wecan do to assist. From what I read sounds like you need a technician to lookat the dishwasher. Sincerely,DianaGE Consumer Relations800/673-5075 ext 3678

Comment

Re: Some powdered soap residue remains in dispenser. New GE SS-interior dishwasher

Originally posted by Robert Gift View Post
                Are the cold stainless steel interior walls cooling the hot water too much?
                The sound insulation blanket covers the unit. Would that not help the steel surfaces retain heat?

Sink faucet water is 123°F. (Recommended 120°F to 150°F.)
                Instructions: Cascade Complete ActionPacs are recommended.
                Powder is also acceptable. We are using Cascade.

No problem with our old GE plastic interior dishwasher with same Cascade detergent.

We turned on the Additional Heat but the residue still remains in the dispenser.

Soap door fully flips open. No dishes in the way.
                Why is all the soap not washing out?

Model: GDWF100V400BB

Ideas?
                Thank you.
                Why don't you try using liquid dishwasher detergent?
                Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

Re: No e-mail reply fom GE. No water temperature testereceived.

Maybe try to fic it. Maybe it was mounted in wrong place. You need to check well inside.
                  How to find the Best Australia Plumbing Services?

Comment

Originally posted by plumbers101 View Post
                    Maybe try to fix it. Maybe it was mounted in wrong place. You need to check well inside.
                    It is correctly installed. I even removed 16 inches of 1/2-inch copper pipe from the sink faucet hot water pipe connected to the previous GE dishwasher.
                    We draw hot water to the sink before turning this GE dishwasher on. We also turn on theated water function.
                    Last edited by Robert Gift; 06-03-2012, 07:29 AM.

Comment

I would be tempted to talk to Cascade, maybe they have some suggestions or would want a sample to see if you have a off spec batch of their soap.

Comment

Re: GE claims water temperature tester back-ordered.

Originally posted by mbhydro View Post
                        I would be tempted to talk to Cascade, maybe they have some suggestions or would want a sample to see if you have a off spec batch of their soap.
                        Even if off spec, the wet powdered soap "mud" should have been washed out of the fully open dispenser.

Comment

Re: GE claims water temperature tester back-ordered.

Originally posted by Robert Gift View Post
                          Even if off spec, the wet powdered soap "mud" should have been washed out of the fully open dispenser.
                          I'm starting to wonder if the longer pre-cycle is giving more time for the powder to pack into the dispenser. So when the pre-wash cycle starts, water is gently running down the inside of the door. As that cycle runs for 10 or 15 minutes, some of the water might be wetting the powder, cooling, and then turning it into a thick sludge. By the time the door opens, a cement-like mass has to be rinsed out of the cup. And as pointed out earlier, your pump is likely not providing enough pressure to melt it and circulate with force.

Just a theory.

But if this is upsetting you to the point of losing sleep, I'd honestly try a couple runs with liquid detergent. That might solve all your problems.

Comment

Working...
                          X