Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving garage water tap

Hi everyone (first post )

I have a tap in the garage that I want to move. The problem is it's at the back of the wall and is a tight squeeze to turn it on with the car parked there.

Is there any way that I can attach another pipe and move it forward to the front of the garage ?
    keep in mind I haven't done any plumbing before or is this a job for a pro ?

Thanks

[IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

Re: Moving garage water tap

1. Yes, it can be moved.
    2. Do you have the skills to do it? I don't know.
    3. You need a vacuum breaker on that hose regardless if you move it or not.
    4. You're in a area that has very cold winters, is your garage heated?
    5. Is the current location of the hose bibb on an interior wall (NOT exposed to cold)?
    ---------------
    Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
    ---------------
    “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
    ---------
    "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
    ---------
    sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

There is a vacuum breaker on it already. Get a professional to do it due to what Bob D. mentioned.
      AllurePlumbing.com
      • leak detection
      • drain cleaning
      • utility locating
      • conductor fault locating
      • and other specialties.

Greensboro NC, Winston-Salem NC, High Point NC, Thomasville NC, Kernersville NC

Comment

While You're at it, change out that old toilet to a toto drake! You won't need that plungerindabuket
        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by Gettinit View Post
          There is a vacuum breaker on it already. Get a professional to do it due to what Bob D. mentioned.
          Is there? I can't tell looking at it on the small screen of my smartphone.
          ---------------
          Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
          ---------------
          ---------
          ---------

Comment

Originally posted by Bob D. View Post
            Is there? I can't tell looking at it on the small screen of my smartphone.
            I can't tell on My large screen either.
            I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

I can see it. It's right above the hose connector. Hose connector is chrome looking, while the VB is brass colored.

Comment

Originally posted by ArizonaPlumber View Post
                I can see it. It's right above the hose connector. Hose connector is chrome looking, while the VB is brass colored.
                Haha.. Got to look before u post..

Comment

Do I also see a Shark Bite male adapter screwed into the hose bibb?

Comment

CVC,
                    In the spirit of asking the pro's, here you go.

1. What you have is a simple diy job.
                    2. Your picture shows a hose bibb w/vb attached to the copper stub out with a shark bite male adapter.
                    3. Go to PEX Fittings | Quick Connect Fittings | Quick Connect Fitting to learn how to use the fittings.
                    4. Measure how many feet of 1/2" pipe you need. Copper preferred, but you can also use Pex or CPVC, depending
                    if it is an approved material in your locale.
                    5. Buy a shark bite 90 degree elbow or two depending on which way you are going to face the bibb and the removal tool.
                    6. You will also need fasteners to hold the pipe to the wall. This will be based on how many feet of pipe you run.
                    7. Shut off the water and drain down the line using the existing hose.
                    8. Remove the hose bibb/sharkbite adapter with the removal tool.
                    9. Connect your pipe to the 90 and attach to the stub out.
                    10. Re-attach the bibb and/or 90 to the other end of the pipe. If you use the second 90 you will need a stub-out nipple.
                    10a. If you have freeze issues, insulate the pipe.
                    11. Attach to wall.
                    12. Shut off the hose bibb.
                    13. Turn the water back on.
                    14. Bleed the air out of the line from the relocated hose/hose bibb

If you successfully complete this 1 hour project, you will need to post pictures of your finished job.
                    We would prefer step by step pictures of project.

Comment

can't he just use a piece of garden hose cut to length and a hose clamp to secure it to the hose bibb, then connect the hose to the old hose bibb. that way it is completely reversable
                      ---------------
                      ---------------
                      ---------
                      ---------

Comment

Originally posted by Bob D. View Post
                        can't he just use a piece of garden hose cut to length and a hose clamp to secure it to the hose bibb, then connect the hose to the old hose bibb. that way it is completely reversable
                        Is that the way you'd do it?

Comment

Working...
                        X