X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• add subfloor on basement bathroom

I am thinking about adding insulation and subfloor on the basement bathroom floor like other rooms, which will rise the floor level about 2". Do I have to break concrete floor to redo the riser? Can I use the attached flange to avoid modifying riser?
    Attached Files

Re: add subfloor on basement bathroom

What kind of insulation is on the rest of the basement floor? Why not put in an electric infloor heat system and a self level pour. Then install your flooring over that?

Comment

Originally posted by thisnewowner View Post
      I am thinking about adding insulation and subfloor on the basement bathroom floor like other rooms, which will rise the floor level about 2". Do I have to break concrete floor to redo the riser? Can I use the attached flange to avoid modifying riser?
      Being a plumber, I wouldn't. Why raise the floor? You have a sturdy base to put down any finished floor aside from real hardwood.
      AllurePlumbing.com
      • leak detection
      • drain cleaning
      • utility locating
      • conductor fault locating
      • and other specialties.

Greensboro NC, Winston-Salem NC, High Point NC, Thomasville NC, Kernersville NC

Comment

10 mil vapor barrier + 1" foam board insulation + 23/32" subfloor.

Comment

Being in Boston You probably have a hydronic boiler. If so have Your heat Guy add some baseboard heat. Nice warm pot to watch the Sox.
          I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

I wouldn't raise the floor either.

You can install electric radiant heat under tile, if you're worried about cold floors.

Comment

Originally posted by thisnewowner View Post
              10 mil vapor barrier + 1" foam board insulation + 23/32" subfloor.
              This will trap moisture & cause the subfloor to rot. Like Flux said put electric radiant in.

First thing you need to is fix the water leak. I would have the french drain scoped. If it is ok my guess is they poured the floor right on top of the footer, the water is coming in where the wall meets the footer & has no where to go but up between the wall & the floor. Also has there ever been a radon test done on this house ? If not & one is done you will need to cap off the french drain grate if does not pass.

Comment

Working...
              X