X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• which cleanout will be used

There are two cleanouts in my basement bathroom. which one the plumber will use or they are for different purpose?
    Attached Files

Re: which cleanout will be used

whichever one he can get open lol. The main stack CO would be best if going after the sewer line.
    Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Like Cuda said either one will do.

I prefer my cleanouts flat on the floor but the one on the stack is unusually low and would work well too.

Comment

Originally posted by AssTyme View Post
        I prefer my cleanouts flat on the floor
        I am planning rise that floor about 2" higher by puting subfloor. How big the opening I should leave for that floor cleanout? What's the tool you guys using to open that cleanout?

Comment

Originally posted by thisnewowner View Post
          I am planning rise that floor about 2" higher by puting subfloor. How big the opening I should leave for that floor cleanout? What's the tool you guys using to open that cleanout?
          BIG pipe wrench. Best to remove that old plug now and put a new brass one in its place. Once the walls go up getting that one out will be a PITA. Leave at least a 12" x 12" access panel directly in front of te cleanout.

Comment

You go horsin' on that CO cover with a big ol' pipe wrench, you're liable to bust the fitting.
            Seen it happen to CI plenty. Heat and dead blow hammer on the wrench is the way to go.
            But, do you really need that hassle?
            I would abandon that sucker. Once your floor is done, box around the stack.
            Drill/chisel out the floor CO cover and raise it flush with the new floor.
            Install flush mount cover.
            Unless, of course, you're an engineer and love redundancy.

Comment

I punch a hole through the center of the caps with a chisel, and cut the rest with my sawzall, and pull them right out.

It's very rare for me to get a pipe wrench to work on those damn things.

Comment

"What's the tool You Guys use to open that clean out? " Answer = Big Norwegian
                I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
                  "What's the tool You Guys use to open that clean out? " Answer = Big Norwegian
                  Swed, Swed, Swed, Swed....
                  AllurePlumbing.com
                  • leak detection
                  • drain cleaning
                  • utility locating
                  • conductor fault locating
                  • and other specialties.

Greensboro NC, Winston-Salem NC, High Point NC, Thomasville NC, Kernersville NC

Comment

Originally posted by Big Jim View Post
                    Drill/chisel out the floor CO cover and raise it flush with the new floor.
                    Install flush mount cover.
                    how to "raise it flush with the new floor"? can you give me more detail including parts pictures if any? And what's the flush mount cover? what does it look like?

Comment

Dane Dane Dane...

Comment

Working...
                      X