X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• General purpose glue abs to pvc non pressure

Manufacture's Directions say this use ok. Have you done it ? Legal under UPC ?

Legal under any code ?
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Re: General purpose glue abs to pvc non pressure

Weld-On 794

It's the pale greenish-colored one. Our inspectors approve and in the chart I linked to it is the only one of their transition or multi-purpose cements that is listed as UPC and NSF approved for DWV.

Comment

Use a No Hub Band and don't worry about anything.
      AllurePlumbing.com
      • leak detection
      • drain cleaning
      • utility locating
      • conductor fault locating
      • and other specialties.

Greensboro NC, Winston-Salem NC, High Point NC, Thomasville NC, Kernersville NC

Comment

Originally posted by SewerRat View Post
        Weld-On 794

It's the pale greenish-colored one. Our inspectors approve and in the chart I linked to it is the only one of their transition or multi-purpose cements that is listed as UPC and NSF approved for DWV.
        The one I've used is clear,no leaks.
        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by Gettinit View Post
          Use a No Hub Band and don't worry about anything.
          The most secure method, especially underground, is to use a female adapter on one side and a male adapter on the other and thread them together.

Comment

If you use a band in UPC country, it better be listed for the application. For example, 2" PVC to 2" ABS would require a Mission CP200 or equal. As for screwing a male adapter to a female adapter, female plastic adapters are risky because they can split if you over tighten them or use too much teflon tape..

Comment

I heard in a CE class early last year that some company had created a glue that would, indeed, meld ABS and PVC, but that the glue hadn't been approved for use, yet.
              How to find the Best Australia Plumbing Services?

Comment

Working...
              X