I have learned so much on this forum and last night it saved me. I have a two story home and like most homes it came with two hose nib's. One in the front and one in the rear. I decided to add three more so I could use my drip system on all our flower beds. After deciding where to cut into the line I cut the 3/4 copper and prepared to solder in a 3/4" tee. I had done this several times before and though it takes a lot of time to get the water out of the system was successful. Well last night Murphy showed up and would not leave. I drained the water line for about 1 hr and even dipped the line to get any water out of it. After not getting any water out for awhile I started to solder the tee. I had just soldered the top of the tee and was starting to solder the bottom when I heard the popping of water hitting the joint. At that point I just prayed it would work. Well Murphy had other ideas. After cooling down I charged the line and sure enough a fine stream of water shot out of the bottom of the tee. Realizing that after I cut the tee out I would only have one more chance at installing the tee before I was out of room I went to a big box store and found the Shark Bite section. These things are not cheap but I figured I would give this new fangled thing a try. Now when I went to put it on Murphy was not done with me yet. It turned out that to get to good copper I had to cut back to a point that the gap was now to much for the Shark Bite. Back to the big box store and bought a Shark Bite union. After getting home I figured it out and within 5 minutes had it fixed. Murphy finally left after 4 hours. I now wish I had just tried it in the first place. Thanks everyone for your knowledge.
No announcement yet.