Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Whirlpool top loader washer. WHW 4800 AQ2 problems.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Whirlpool top loader washer. WHW 4800 AQ2 problems.

Man with MS recently purchased this clothes washer.
    Says: "16-gallon water capacity. Even with HD detergent it does not clean and even on double rinse it does not get all the soap out."
    I wasted nearly one hour on my cell phone with them today, enough is enough.
    Whirlpool really insulates themselves. At least online there is no way to get the e-mail address for filing complaints. It looks to me like they do not take complaints."

Suggestions?

Thank you
    Last edited by Robert Gift; 05-29-2012, 09:38 PM.
    I'd take an educated guess - but I'm unqualified.
    It ain't just soot, it's paydirt.
    "I swear, wherever Gift goes, argument follows." -Youtube comment

Re: New Whirlpool top loader washer. WHW 4800 AQ2 problems.

Too much soap. Really hard water. The hoses may have those little screens and they are stopped up. Overloaded machine. Not spinning like it should be (stretch on this one) it can be measured on many digital displays...check the back of the washer and try looking for a panel behind the display that comes off. That's where they like to hide the wiring diagrams and troubleshooting guides.
    AllurePlumbing.com
    • leak detection
    • drain cleaning
    • utility locating
    • conductor fault locating
    • and other specialties.

Greensboro NC, Winston-Salem NC, High Point NC, Thomasville NC, Kernersville NC

Comment

Nice to hear about it. Actualy, I' thinking what brand to buy. Since, you showed the whirlpool product; I will come into it.
      How to find the Best Australia Plumbing Services?

Comment

I have the Whirlpool Calypso washer.
        The advertisement VS real life are completely different.

1. You must use HE rated soap liquid soap is superior to powder soap

2. you must not exceed the measure of soap...too much you get slime
        too little your laundry is still dirty.

3. Do not buy bargain brand liquid HE type soap...Tide HE seems to work best.

4. Never overload the washer!!!! the advertisements show a full machine! In the real world
        for example 4 large bath towels is a full load! or 4 pants and shirts are a full load.
        If you over fill you'll have dirty clothes and poor rinsing!

5. I always add extra rinse and spin dry.

6. I have a septic system so I have the Filtrol-160 filter on the drain line to capture lint and crud
        thus not screwing up the drain field..lint is nasty on septic systems . All new washers no longer
        incorporate a lint filter..the lint goes out with the rinse water..and many times the lint will go back and stick to
        dark clothes! that's why you use the extra rinse and spin cycle!

7. Always leave the lid up when done using the machine. There is standing water within the unit and with the lid
        closed after use you may develop mold and ugly odors!

Bottom line these water saving wash machines are a scam! They are expensive, The are poor at cleaning clothes!
        They are very expensive to service, and usually only have a useable life of 5-7 years.

Oh and you never know who or where your washer is made...[a lot are made in mexico]
        Whirlpool and Maytag are now one and the same as well as other odd named brands!

Cactus Man

Comment

sounds like it is a good thing I am repairing our old washer, we had since the kids were small, and it washed a ton of cloth diapers, so I know it is as least 25 years old, parts were easy to find, and it is easy to work on, it is an old sears, made by whirlpool,
          Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
          attributed to Samuel Johnson
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

If you want that style with no frills (electronic parts that admittedly are often problems) get them while you can. They will be discontinued soon.
            AllurePlumbing.com
            • leak detection
            • drain cleaning
            • utility locating
            • conductor fault locating
            • and other specialties.

Greensboro NC, Winston-Salem NC, High Point NC, Thomasville NC, Kernersville NC

Comment

Working...
            X