X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drain issue

Started in another forum, there was a suggestion to post here.

I have a drain in an upstairs laundry that I am replacing. It is a 2 inch line (part number D41-001) that the upper seal ring is not reusable. I bought another 2 inch line drain, same manufacturer, but the threads do not match up, or the old one is a little smaller than two inches. Anyone ever come across that before? Any ideas? The base seems to be cemeted on, so right now, I am looking at using the dremmel to remove old one from the inside, but there isn't much pipe before a turn to allow for much error, so I am hoping someone has an idea that would allow me to keep the old base. I have considered just filling the space with putty and sinking a new drain into that (like a donut), but I am not overly keen on the idea, either.

Thanks in advance for any help you have.

D41-001 15 2” PVC Shower Drain with SS Strainer & Receptor Base 717510410013

I found the sticker on the side. But the replacement 2 inch one doesn't thread in, it is a little larger and the grooves are a little different. I looked for a metric equivelent, but no luck there.

Re: Drain issue

Just keep on trying bro. But if it was not suited. Better to change your old base for you to solve your problem.
    How to find the Best Australia Plumbing Services?

Comment

Working...
    X