X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Calling all Pex Gurus - Will this work

Mobil, pex crimp rings are compression style seal, sharkbite is not. It's just a rubber o ring. And the only time i ever use them is when replacing a shower valve. I use it on the riser. Since its not under constant pressure. But they are junk.

And pex rotating is fine. Won't hurt anything.

Comment

Originally posted by stolen View Post
      So. Let me get this right. The fitting actually held to the point of just being destroyed. And that qualifies it for being junk?

Show me a fitting that will withstand freezing. I dare ya. And I'm talking frozen solid. And no best case scenarios either. Such as putting a fitting with water in it in the freezer. Show me a fitting in the middle of the system under a house that will not split or break or other when froze. Cantex not allowed!
      Who said anything froze?
      AllurePlumbing.com
      • leak detection
      • drain cleaning
      • utility locating
      • conductor fault locating
      • and other specialties.

Greensboro NC, Winston-Salem NC, High Point NC, Thomasville NC, Kernersville NC

Comment

Originally posted by stolen View Post
        Mobil, pex crimp rings are compression style seal, sharkbite is not. It's just a rubber o ring. And the only time i ever use them is when replacing a shower valve. I use it on the riser. Since its not under constant pressure. But they are junk.

And pex rotating is fine. Won't hurt anything.
        I find most of the leaky sharkbites to be the ones running to the shower head. Many of them weep until full pressure hits it....don't ask me why.
        AllurePlumbing.com
        • leak detection
        • drain cleaning
        • utility locating
        • conductor fault locating
        • and other specialties.

Greensboro NC, Winston-Salem NC, High Point NC, Thomasville NC, Kernersville NC

Comment

Aside from the fact that pex swivels in it's own fitting....any other reason to use a union....

Right now if I don't use a union, it looks likes this

Baseboard - 1/2 close nipple - 1/2~3/4 reducer - 3/4 Pex Adapter - Pex

I don't have any Female 3/4 Pex Adapters, and would need to special order them.
          With the 3/4 Pex Adapter, to make it work, the fitting is Huge
          Baseboard - 1/2 Close Nipple - 1/2 Union - 1/2 Close Nipple - 1/2-3/4 Reducer - Pex Adapter

IF ya'll are recommending a union is the way to go, then it looks like above, Still with the 1/2 short nipple after the union, then a 1/2~3/4 Bushing with a FEMALE Pex Adapter on it.
          Last edited by mobiledynamics; 06-08-2012, 12:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X