Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommend me a Wrench tool for this Job

Who doesn't love new tools....

I have tons of wrenches in my stash but NARY a end wrench.

For this application, I'm thinking as thin a profile a tool as possible. I suppose the dozens of channellocks will do just the same, in which I have

And or I buy myself another tool like the Ridgid Aluminum regular or quickgrip endwrenches

See thread here
    https://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/t41125/

With the baseboard fairly close to the wall, I would say 4" off, I'll be needing two thin wrenches to tighten the union

Re: Recommend me a Wrench tool for this Job

first I have never worked with pex, and maybe I do not under stand, but can you tighten it and then crimp it on, the fitting,

then all you would need a wrench to hold the bottom fitting and a socket or box end to tighten it,

IF I am guessing correctly your going to place the fititng into the hole in the wall pushing the pex back in, the wall, is that correct?
    Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
    attributed to Samuel Johnson
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

The pex will be cut - expanded and then let to compress over the pex-pipe fitting.
      Short nipple on the baseboard and then 1/2-3/4 union. 2 wrenches needed to tighten the union.
      Due to how it will hang on the cleat....the baseboard will be held around 4" off the wall....enough to just get 2 wrenches in to tighten the union and then lift about 1" high to get it to sit on the cleat.

Comment

as far as recommending a tool that will work, this is going to sound like a smart answer, but one that fits, really does not matter as long it does not tear things up in the process of trying to tighten it, (I do not like channel locks as they many times round off things, finding a thin enough wrench may be hard, (the way you talk), I have ground wrenches down for special things, (I doubt if they would fit but at one time they made tappet wrenches that are about half as thick as a standard open end wrench, (we have a old thin adjustable open end wrench, we use for double nutting the wire roller, and keep that wrench in a special place as not to loose it), I think they make special thin wrenches (like the tappet wrenches) but in wider sizes,
        posted as a example not nessarly a recommendation, but proto tools historical have been very good tools, I am sure there are many other good brands out there as well,
        http://www.stanleyproto.com/xhtml/LI...HES_P20712.PDF
        Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
        attributed to Samuel Johnson
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Oh, nevermind. It's been a VERY long time since I worked with a Union fitting. But it's all hex ends on it . Both on the union nut and the side that attaches to pipe...
          I got tons of flat wrenches for that. We'll see about the leverage ;-) Was never a fan of unions..if I did not need to use them

Comment

Well union fitting is good sometimes but when it comes into leverage, I'm not too good about that.
            How to find the Best Australia Plumbing Services?

Comment

Working...
            X