Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Can I use a Vitra Flushomete​r Commercial Tankless Top Spud Toilet with this supply Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I use a Vitra Flushomete​r Commercial Tankless Top Spud Toilet with this supply

I have a house with a huge water supply to my toilet.
    Can I use a commercial toilet?

Thx
    Attached Files

Re: Can I use a Vitra Flushomete​r Commercial Tankless Top Spud Toilet with this sup

I think the water pipe coming in is 1" diameter.

Comment

Re: Can I use a Vitra Flushomete​r Commercial Tankless Top Spud Toilet with this sup

yes in the older homes they were plumbed for flushometers valves.

problem is the look of the commercial flushomter toilet is still a commercial look. most of my customers with this old of a home have converted like yours or have done a modern day remodel and lowered the piping.

also verify that the center line of the waste is 10'' to the wall and not the normal 12'' for a tank toilet. if so then a 10'' tank toilet is required and is limited to certain models.

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Rick,

Are you saying a commercial flushomter toilet should usually 10 inches off the wall or 12 inches off the wall?

I need 2 toilets. I measured from the wall to the flanges bolts and it was 10" on one toilet and 12.75" on the other toilet.

Any suggestions where I should purchase the toilets?

Thanks

Slash

Comment

Is this a wall hung toilet?
          AllurePlumbing.com
          • leak detection
          • drain cleaning
          • utility locating
          • conductor fault locating
          • and other specialties.

Greensboro NC, Winston-Salem NC, High Point NC, Thomasville NC, Kernersville NC

Comment

No, it's not wall hung.

Comment

The minimum distance most any floor mounted flushometer toilets can be 9" off the wall to center providing the wall had no molding at the floor. Rough in is normally 10" but can be more.

If there was one before go for it, you should have the volume needed but it requires 35 psi.
              Last edited by Gettinit; 06-12-2012, 07:32 PM.
              AllurePlumbing.com
              • leak detection
              • drain cleaning
              • utility locating
              • and other specialties.

Comment

Don't know if there was one before but I'd like to remove the current toilet and put one in.
                What's the easiest way to measure the water pressure?

Thx

Slash

Comment

Originally posted by slash5bmw View Post
                  Don't know if there was one before but I'd like to remove the current toilet and put one in.
                  What's the easiest way to measure the water pressure?

Thx

Slash

They make a gauge that screws onto your hose bib. Run the water for a couple of minutes then install the gauge and that's it.
                  AllurePlumbing.com
                  • leak detection
                  • drain cleaning
                  • utility locating
                  • and other specialties.

Comment

What I use.....
                    AllurePlumbing.com
                    • leak detection
                    • drain cleaning
                    • utility locating
                    • and other specialties.

Comment

The pipe coming out of the wall measures 1.5" but the different connectors taper it to 1/2" going into the toilet.
                      I'm looking at hose bib gauges and I'm wondering what size to get. Can I get a 1/2 or do I need to get a 1.5"?

Comment

It screws onto the outside faucet where your hose attaches.
                        AllurePlumbing.com
                        • leak detection
                        • drain cleaning
                        • utility locating
                        • and other specialties.

Comment

Please look at this link.
                          http://www.amazon.com/Rain-Bird-P2A-.../dp/B00004RACK

If I attach this to the sink next to the toilet, will this tell me the water pressure for the toilet?

Thx.

Slash
                          Last edited by slash5bmw; 06-13-2012, 09:30 AM.

Comment

It says its not a functioning page. Look at the one I posted, it is the best way to do it. It is already made to hook up with your hands without taking anything apart. I would not do it another way.
                            AllurePlumbing.com
                            • leak detection
                            • drain cleaning
                            • utility locating
                            • and other specialties.

Comment

Thanks. I didn't realize that was a link to the gauge.

I fixed the link about. It looks like the one you posted but a little cheaper.

Do I screw that to the sink faucet which is next to the toilet and turn on the cold water?

Comment

Working...
                              X