X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How to tap into vent (follow-up)?

Take advantage of the help. When they get older, they will forget all you taught them and holler "DAD" whenever they need something done. (Don't ask how I know)

Comment

Originally posted by BobsPlumbing View Post
      Looks as good as any of my joints. (Always think I make pretty ugly joints compared to some.)

Back to venting. I can't lie to you, the 90, while not technically code, will probably not give problems. High loads coming out of the sink or other parts of the plumbing system could theoretically cause siphoning of the trap.....but I doubt it. You can correct it if if does.
      Correct me if wrong, I think another issue is if there is a clog in the line after the vent, water can build up in the vent to the overflow line of the sink, and allow debris to settle in the flat area of the vent. This flat area may then not get properly washed of debris when drain is cleared.

Comment

Originally posted by hochwald View Post
        Correct me if wrong, I think another issue is if there is a clog in the line after the vent, water can build up in the vent to the overflow line of the sink, and allow debris to settle in the flat area of the vent. This flat area may then not get properly washed of debris when drain is cleared.
        Possibly. The area you speak of should not be flat however. Having grade on it decreases the chance of your scenario happening.

You can change to fittings less than 90 degree off the Tee to meet code. (At least for my area)

You can leave it and likely not ever have an issue. Cutting in a C.O. Tee in the vertical would allow clearing of that section if necessary. Easier to do.

And more pipe supports.

Comment

Great Job, neat work. If seen licensed plumbers, that don't come up to Your neat work.
          I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
            Great Job, neat work. If seen licensed plumbers, that don't come up to Your neat work.
            Only in California.

Comment

And on a daily basis
              I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
                And on a daily basis
                sad, but oh so true

Comment

Re: How to tap into vent?

Originally posted by BobsPlumbing View Post
                  90 below the flood rim. Fail.
                  Then in this circumstance what would be okay? Assuming going into a granite wall or pulling the sink out from away wall is against the question.
                  Either way looks like a great job and will certainly drain awesomely, at least till it hits the old plumbing in the floor.

Comment

45's are considered vertical.

The issue is if the line plugs, the vent could fill with sludge and not be self cleaning.

Rick.
                    phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                      45's are considered vertical.

The issue is if the line plugs, the vent could fill with sludge and not be self cleaning.

Rick.
                      I got to be honest, that's what I thought (2 45s) would be okay, but this is where you come in,,,,,, i didn't know why(self cleaning). So a regular and St 45 glued together or is that cheating?
                      I wonder what your score on the lic tests were. When they said I passed I couldn't belive it.
                      I love lav and ks drains that go horizontally for awhile in the wall before dropping.
                      Last edited by theplungerman; 01-03-2013, 01:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X