X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: In the dog house

I wear the cheap vinyl powder free disposable gloves under my Grappler gloves. My hands are baby fresh and women LOVE it

Comment

Originally posted by NYC LMP View Post
      How bad are the drains you have been working on? Restaurant grease? I have never had anything so bad that fast orange or gojo w/pumice couldn't get off. Lacquer thinner and acetone soaking into your skin cannot be good for you. How about that clear goo you spread on your hands-invisible glove?
      Thats why I like drum machines

Yes you will keep the job site much cleaner and go home smelling rosier running a drum

Comment

Originally posted by ironranger View Post
        If you're getting that smell on your hands that means you're getting the Chit on your hands too. No thank you very much! If you take the time to prepare yourself you wouldn't be having this problem. Use latex gloves under your drain cleaning leather metal studded glove. I don't even need to wash my hands when I'm done because I don't touch anything.
        You're telling us that you're using your bare hands?
        While running the machine I am wearing gloves, but I can't do everything in the set-up and take-down with gloves on, with changing bits, small tooling, what have you, even the tool box has some of the greasy black on it, impossible to imagine smelling rosey after an encounter with a drain machine (sectional or drum) even if I wore a Tyvek.

The nitrile under the leather should work I'm guessing.

Comment

"The nitrile under the leather should work I'm guessing."

Well yes that's the whole idea isn't it? Put the rubber gloves on the minute you get to the job. I don't even touch the machine without the gloves on. It really doesn't take a lot of brains to figure this out.

Comment

Nah, it works great. Everything gets wiped down after each use. There is no funk, no greasy streaks, and about once a week I'll pour some wd-40 into the drum to keep the rust down.
            No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

Why not try adding 1 teaspoon of baking soda to a dab of liquid hand soap or dishwashing liquid and wash hands well.Hope this will work for you.
              I need a plumber in sydney

Comment

Some very good suggestions. Rick's idea of scratching your finger nails on a bar of soap is smart because it fills the void where dirt would get caught. I worked with rodding trucks and all sorts of chemical, fungus, bacterial and disease laden filth got on my hands. I agree with not touching your wife unless you can get those hands clean and safe so you don't cause her health problems.

There are protective skin barrier creams your just rub onto your hands, I'll include a link for starters. I always made sure to keep my finger nails short and cleaned them with a brush to get the cuticles clean as well. Good thing about a lanoline based hand cleaner is that it not only breaks down the dirt that is fatty based, it also softens your skin to keep it from cracking. Women don't care to be touched by sand paper skin, and by keeping your skin from cracking you prevent harmful things from entering. Good Thread! Protective Creams

Comment

Working...
                X