X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pasco Plumbing Brass Parts

Hows the chrome finish on Pasco tubular brass stuff.
    Plan to mailorder some tubular brass stuff that no one seems to carry locally....

The local supply houses / big box seem to carry the ~satin chrome~ stuff.
    No one here locally seems to carry the nice heavy coated polished chrome stuff of yesteryears..

Re: Pasco Plumbing Brass Parts

I think you would be happier with Wolverine Brass.
    AllurePlumbing.com
    • leak detection
    • drain cleaning
    • utility locating
    • conductor fault locating
    • and other specialties.

Greensboro NC, Winston-Salem NC, High Point NC, Thomasville NC, Kernersville NC

Comment

I'm all in for buying and supporting a domestic made product
      Not a plumber....can't buy their goodies...
      Last edited by mobiledynamics; 07-02-2012, 08:56 AM.

Comment

You can just not as good of a price.
        AllurePlumbing.com
        • leak detection
        • drain cleaning
        • utility locating
        • and other specialties.

Comment

Got a link to a place online....
          The last time I looked at Wolverine offerings....it was interesting as far as product, but they seemed to be only dealing with the trade.

BTW, if you were to hold the following hand in hand, how does Hodes stack up

Comment

Look at what gage it is. I have never tried Hodes.
            AllurePlumbing.com
            • leak detection
            • drain cleaning
            • utility locating
            • and other specialties.

Comment

It's all 17 gauge brass stuff I'm looking at...

Just wondering where has all the good chrome plate stuff has gone ;-)

Comment

If it's not exposed nobody wants to spend the money.
                AllurePlumbing.com
                • leak detection
                • drain cleaning
                • utility locating
                • and other specialties.

Comment

The only reference -- benchmark I have -- is the Kohler J traps that I have ordered in the past.
                  All the chrome plating is on it - is 5X better in both finish that any I've seen.
                  The Keeney Made in USA trap I have has a pretty decent finish as well. Well, that was when Keeney was domestic.....

Comment

Just got my Hodes order in. Their rubber slipnut washers are quite the cat's paw.

The chrome plating on their stuff is okay. I'd rate it a 8/10.
                    Not satin, but not perfect high polished.
                    Not flawless...some nicks, here and there....(using Keeney domestic made as a comparison - slightly better chrome coating, flawless nick free finish - and fairly good high polished).

What was interesting was the packaging.
                    I don't know if it just ships out from the closest Hodeso sales reps *inventory*, but the packing was a brown bag supermarket bag with the contents inside, inside a cardboard board with a Walgreens Circular Ad as the packing material..

So tell me, how does Wolverine stack up on their chrome finish.

Comment

WB packaging is pretty light weight. Usually a heavy tissue paper wrapped around their chrome tubular waste and in a cardboard box with a weight similar to a tissue box. The finish is polished very well except the cast brass parts. They really can't be polished to the same degree. I have very, very little problems over the years and they take them back without question. There are others that put out good quality as well. I am hesitant to give anyone a 10 out of 10 but they are close.

There is one distributor out of Florida, I cannot remember their name, they put out substandard supplies IMO.
                      AllurePlumbing.com
                      • leak detection
                      • drain cleaning
                      • utility locating
                      • and other specialties.

Comment

Originally posted by mobiledynamics View Post
                        Just got my Hodes order in. Their rubber slipnut washers are quite the cat's paw.

The chrome plating on their stuff is okay. I'd rate it a 8/10.
                        Not satin, but not perfect high polished.
                        Not flawless...some nicks, here and there....(using Keeney domestic made as a comparison - slightly better chrome coating, flawless nick free finish - and fairly good high polished).

What was interesting was the packaging.
                        I don't know if it just ships out from the closest Hodeso sales reps *inventory*, but the packing was a brown bag supermarket bag with the contents inside, inside a cardboard board with a Walgreens Circular Ad as the packing material..

So tell me, how does Wolverine stack up on their chrome finish.
                        Wolverine's stuff is really good. It's the only brass tubular in my truck anyway. The 17 ga. traps come w/ a machined rod brass nuts, rubber washers and friction ring. Real heavy duty and nice finish. I like their pop-up assemblies as well. They dont use the garbage plastic stopper assemblies... all brass. Good stuff! They used to sell a decent faucet but recently have had issues w/ those.
                        Wolverine Brass

Comment

Is all their stuff made domestic ?

I searched all over the *sku stickers* and nary a production info was to be found.
                          I'm going to assuming if it's made domestic, they would be proud to bear the made in usa info....

Comment

Originally posted by mobiledynamics View Post
                            Is all their stuff made domestic ?

I searched all over the *sku stickers* and nary a production info was to be found.
                            I'm going to assuming if it's made domestic, they would be proud to bear the made in usa info....
                            No. Many products are made domestically. I am pretty sure all of their brass parts are made here. I know they import black iron nipples.
                            AllurePlumbing.com
                            • leak detection
                            • drain cleaning
                            • utility locating
                            • and other specialties.

Comment

Working...
                            X