No announcement yet.

Can't find Eastman silcock repair kits.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't find Eastman silcock repair kits.

I have a 2 yr old Eastman frost free outdoor faucet (mod. 80226) which works fine until I hook up a hose to it; then water blows through the air holes and the vacuum breaker. I pulled out the stem and all of the seals appear to be ok, so I assume that the anti-siphon valve is faulty. I also assume that there is a repair kit for the anti-siphon valve, but I can't find anyone who carries this mongrel make and the company hasn't answered any emails. Any suggestions?

Re: Can't find Eastman silcock repair kits.

I see a Woodford in your future............... Replace that garbage w/ something you can actually get parts for and be done with it.

Comment

Sounds like the hose was left on and froze in the VB. I second replacing it. If you can't get parts there is nothing you can do. The VB has to be replaced. If you rebuild it it will not last, the birds eye will leak. You could try stacking washers in it and adding a VB onto the hose threads.
      AllurePlumbing.com
      • leak detection
      • drain cleaning
      • utility locating
      • conductor fault locating
      • and other specialties.

Greensboro NC, Winston-Salem NC, High Point NC, Thomasville NC, Kernersville NC

Comment

Originally posted by ralphll View Post
        I have a 2 yr old Eastman frost free outdoor faucet (mod. 80226) which works fine until I hook up a hose to it; then water blows through the air holes and the vacuum breaker. I pulled out the stem and all of the seals appear to be ok, so I assume that the anti-siphon valve is faulty. I also assume that there is a repair kit for the anti-siphon valve, but I can't find anyone who carries this mongrel make and the company hasn't answered any emails. Any suggestions?

Thanks guys. Guess that was the obvious answer. What junk !!

Comment

Originally posted by ralphll View Post
          Thanks guys. Guess that was the obvious answer. What junk !!
          I wouldn't say they are junk. But you evidently got bad service. Any frostproof will freeze if installed wrong or a hose left on....remember that and you will be golden.
          AllurePlumbing.com
          • leak detection
          • drain cleaning
          • utility locating
          • conductor fault locating
          • and other specialties.

Greensboro NC, Winston-Salem NC, High Point NC, Thomasville NC, Kernersville NC

Comment

Contractors access has all the parts you need for Eastman frost free faucets. But I don't think they will sell to non-contractors.

I don't think Eastman is junk, and I've used just about every manufacture on the market.

Pro-flo would be on my list of "junk" frost free faucets.

Comment

Working...
            X