Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse

How To Post Images

Want to know the how to upload images to your posts? Image Posting Tutorial
See more
See less

Need to replace pop-up assembly on Pfister Bathroom faucet, what part no?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need to replace pop-up assembly on Pfister Bathroom faucet, what part no?

I need to replace the pop-up lever assembly on my Price Pfister Bristol model #048CT0K faucet.

The part that goes from the side into the drain and raises and lowers the stopper. The metal part rusted off.

Here is a list of parts I see available for this faucet, which do I need to get? I'm assuming I need the Pfister 941-135 Bristol 48 Series Drain Assembly Pop-Up Rod and Knob Sub Assembly but wanted to check with the experts here before getting it.

Pfister F-048-CT0 Replacement Parts

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Re: Need to replace pop-up assembly on Pfister Bathroom faucet, what part no?

your description sounds like the ball and rod. if the metal tip beyond the plastic ball rotted off, it's a simple fix or a simple replacement common part.

the quick fix is to cut the metal rod off squarely and use a small socket to center the ball on. then gently hammer the rod to force the ball down the shaft another 3/4'' or so.

this is assuming the rod is metal and the ball is plastic. price pfister had always used chrome plated brass rods and was not an issue of rotting. the more expensive brands used chrome plated steel and they rusted off in a number of years.

price pfister will also send you the parts for free. 1-800-pfaucet

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
      your description sounds like the ball and rod. if the metal tip beyond the plastic ball rotted off, it's a simple fix or a simple replacement common part.

the quick fix is to cut the metal rod off squarely and use a small socket to center the ball on. then gently hammer the rod to force the ball down the shaft another 3/4'' or so.

this is assuming the rod is metal and the ball is plastic. price pfister had always used chrome plated brass rods and was not an issue of rotting. the more expensive brands used chrome plated steel and they rusted off in a number of years.

price pfister will also send you the parts for free. 1-800-pfaucet

rick.

Awesome that was it exactly. Your quick fix worked like a charm!!!

Is this one of the differences between buying this faucet at a big box store (Home Depot) like I did and getting it from a plumbers supply house? Would this have been brass from the plumbers supply?

Comment

typically yes. even the ceramic stems you have are lesser quality, but the better ones will subsitute.

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
          typically yes. even the ceramic stems you have are lesser quality, but the better ones will subsitute.

rick.
          Yea I had already replaced the stems with the 910-900 brass ones (per your previous recommendation I may add) a while back.

You should see what they have since done with the hot / cold comsumer ones they are selling as replacements. They have switched them to totally plastic bodies, not just plastic insides like they were before. PRICE PFISTER 910-031 AND 910-032 STEMS REPLACES THE 910-024 & 910-025 | eBay

Thanks again for the help!!!

Comment

partially due to the low lead/ no lead laws for calif. partially due to saving a penny times a million units.

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
            X