Rigid sump pump float switch rebuild?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rigid sump pump float switch rebuild?

I have a rigid submersible 1/2 horse sump pump two or three years old. It is tied in with a watchdog backup pump. Lately the backup pump has been activating. Found on rigid pump float coming up and clicking but not starting. I fooled around a bit and it started working.
    Is there a rigid switch rebuild kit i can purchase? Hate to buy a new pump but will if necessary.
    I don't want to pull the pump without all the necessary components to do the repair. I installed the pump and backup pump so I am not afraid to do the repair.
    Any comments or suggestions greatly appreciated.

First time post. Thanks for your patience.
    Chuck E.

Re: Rigid sump pump float switch rebuild?

here is the link to the pump page. Pumps - RIDGID Professional Tools

pick the pump that you have and then there should be a parts drop down. or just post your model and we can look it up.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Thanks Rick,

Went to the link and then to the appropriate pump. Clicked on Owners manual and page came up blank. Clicked on instruction sheet and had the same results. I will try to go to the local plumbing shop and see if they can get a float switch rebuild kit. I will keep you informed.

Thanks, Chuck E.

Comment

Does your Ridgid pump have a piggy back float or does the float wire go directly into the pump and only the pumps cord plugs into the outlet?
        Frequently asked questions about pumps and tanks.

Comment

Speedbump,

The power cord goes directly into the pump.

Comment

is this your pump?

http://www.ridgid.com/ASSETS/A17C248...03B/SP-500.pdf

would be assembly #8 which would probably cost more than the pump is worth.

should be a pretty simple momentary contact micro switch.

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

Rick,
              Yes, My pump is a Ridgid SP-500. I am having problems with the Ridgid website. Having issues with links.
              I will have to wait for the rain to stop so I can remove the pumps and pull apart the switch assy.

(I have to remove the backup and the primary pump together and at the moment I am dependent on the backup pump.)

Thanks, Chuck

Comment

ok, the part is $32.10 for the top assy which includes the switch from what i can see. you can order it online from this link.

also there is a 3 year warranty on the pump. have you tried to contact ridgid for help?

Pressing Technology - RIDGID Professional Tools

rick.
                phoebe it is

Comment

Rick,

Did not call for warranty repair because I have no receipt of purchase. If i pull it out monday I can get the serial # which should have manufacturing date code. With that I will call customer service.

Thanks for the part # I will probably need to order it.

Thanks, Chuck

Comment

Working...
                  X