X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to locate without camera ???

My Plumber friend and neighbor gave Me this lead. R.R. located a break under slab Living room, in which gravel is getting into drain line. They got their camera stuck,but got it back ! They showed Cust. break is exactly in front of
    Chair. They want to do extensive work outside also, leaving a mess , over $10,000. no concrete repair, not responsible if they cut hydronic copper in floor!. Camera N locator I rent won't get through kitchen 1 1/2" threaded
    C.i. clean out cap outside! General GEN EYE ! Would like to be certain before I cut concrete. How about chain knocker on cable and stethoscope ? From experience it will be about 24" deep. Thanks in advance
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Re: How to locate without camera ???

did they make a video of the line and mark it?

the video should give you a better idea of the real condition. what's been the customers track record? how long have they had this issue? is it getting worse?

a not so accurate locate would be to energize the steel pipe and do a line locate. then you would know where the pipe is, just not where the break is. the kitchen line will be 2'' once it goes horizontal and sometimes in the vertical in the wall. is it possible to cut the wall and run from the there?

to be certain the line needs to be inspected. of course there are smaller cameras that do 1.5'' with no problem. i would suggest bringing in 1 of the local guys with a smaller camera. it might just need a good jetting.

you know if i lived 400 miles closer, i would be there for you.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

I have a good camera Guy,and called Him. Like You He's talented,affordable, good soul ,and in big demand! I'll wait , or cut 1 1/2 "off and replace with 2"
      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

On a 2" line, sometimes you can remove the black sleeve around the camera head on the Gen Eye 2 with two set screws. Then go to the pharmacy and in a loud voice ask for the largest container of KY Jelly that they have so you can lube the camera head.

Comment

Originally posted by nyc lmp View Post
          on a 2" line, sometimes you can remove the black sleeve around the camera head on the gen eye 2 with two set screws. Then go to the pharmacy and in a loud voice ask for the largest container of ky jelly that they have so you can lube the camera head.
          you first !!!

Comment

Working...
          X