X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C.i. Threaded no hub cleanouts

Is there a nominal i.d. deduction for the female thread on the clean out vs. C.I. pipe it serves ??
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Re: C.i. Threaded no hub cleanouts

yes there is. on a typical ibco/ iron body cleanout there is a 1/2'' size deduction. so a 2'' line would have 1.5'' threads. a 3'' would be 2.5'' and a 4'' would be 3.5''.

on a normal test tee, then it would be full size. also no hub adapters are typically full size.

good luck unscrewing old brass plugs from old cast. i find toilet wax is a better product when re-installing the plugs. they tend to seal better and come off much easier later on too.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

If you are going to do a head test on the drain line, I suggest removing the no hub ferrules (cleanout adapters) using blind caps or test plugs in place of them for the test. Explain to the inspector that they will be replaced with the approved adapters after the test, because the brass plugs nowadays, just like a Hershey bar, just keep getting thinner and thinner, and will not hold a head test. Every inspector so far has agreed with me. I don't even see the need for them, as opposed to just using a blind cap. The school jobs here require long turn tee wyes here at every horizontal change of direction, with brass plug cleanout adapters, no matter how close, so we use a lot of them.

Comment

Thanks Guys ,so an 1 1/2" C.I. line will only let a camera in with a 1" head Max ?????
        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

depending on the scale, you should be able to pass a 1.25'' camera on clean pipe with little scale.

the micro drain or micro reel is ideal. but i usually get it with a mini seesnake.

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
          X