X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Washing machine sink or standpipe ?

Someone said " When You change out that old Wash. Machine with a new one, Junk the plastic sink, and go with just a standpipe. The new machines put out water so fast sink will overflow! " You agree ?? tanks tool
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Re: Washing machine sink or standpipe ?

The tub has a much higher capacity than the stand pipe.

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

I never see anything but stand pipes here
      2" trap 2"riser 36" off the floor

Comment

The new front load washers put out a lot less water and wouldn't even fill a single bowl sink.. We mostly have double sinks in the basement around here and you can't overflow them unless you have a stoppage. Using a single or a double sink for your washer is like insurance if you get a stoppage, it's not going on the floor with one wash.

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
          The tub has a much higher capacity than the stand pipe.

Mark
          Mark, I am doing some work for a real estate Gal. She was told this by a home inspector. Thanks this was My exact thought!
          I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

old school had laundry trays with a 1.5'' trap and sink strainer. the sink handled the water and would then drain just like a bathtub. see lots of old school 1.5'' waste lines that had the sink removed and they connected to the laundry tub 1.5'' drain line. of course with no sink, it requires a 2'' waste line and trap. of course the new h/e machines don't put out near the gpm as the older non h/e machines do.

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
            X