X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Effects of garbage disposal on c.i. And galv. Lines

Got a Cust. with a leaking[ internal] 8 year old Badger 5. Our homes are 55 Years old slab on grade. Another plumber said bad idea, with these old pipes. I'm putting a new one in Tue. Is there any truth to this ?
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Re: Effects of garbage disposal on c.i. And galv. Lines

my take has always been a disposal is a lazy mans garbage can.

but with plenty of water before, during and after. then slowly feeding the food waste in, there is nothing wrong with normal use of a disposal.

remember that a 2'' steel, cast iron line is like our arteries and the affect of cholesterol. some pipes can handle the load and others will need some lipitor.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Re: Effects of garbage disposal on c.i. And galv. Lines

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
      my take has always been a disposal is a lazy mans garbage can.

but with plenty of water before, during and after. then slowly feeding the food waste in, there is nothing wrong with normal use of a disposal.

remember that a 2'' steel, cast iron line is like our arteries and the affect of cholesterol. some pipes can handle the load and others will need some lipitor.

rick.
      Thanks Rick. We don't use a disposal, ourselves. But this old Man is on Lipitor . Funny
      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Working...
      X