Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse

How To Post Images

Want to know the how to upload images to your posts? Image Posting Tutorial
See more
See less

cutting undersized or oversized threads ??

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cutting undersized or oversized threads ??

To what purpose,Please
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Re: cutting undersized or oversized threads ??

Under and you will not be able to get in your fitting. Over and you are asking for a leak (there is only so much you can put into a hub) but 2 over will not be a problem. I don't guess there is a reason for drunken threads anymore so.....I don't advise.
    AllurePlumbing.com
    • leak detection
    • drain cleaning
    • utility locating
    • conductor fault locating
    • and other specialties.

Greensboro NC, Winston-Salem NC, High Point NC, Thomasville NC, Kernersville NC

Comment

2.5 threads hand tight is considered perfect.

since we don't have control over the female fittings/ threads, we make it up in an adjustable thread depth.

when threading, it's always a good idea to have a good new fitting next to the machine to gage your threads. also eventually when you start pre fabbing your pipe, you're going to be using the machine to make up the fittings on 1 end of the pipe using a 14'' ridgid wrench

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

on a large job where you might go through hundreds of fittings in the same size/type you can sometimes see the difference in fittings. Say you get a couple boxes of older stock from a couple years ago and the balance of your fitting order is relatively new, there can be a slight difference in the fittings even from the same manufacturer as not every fitting will be from the exact same machine and if from different manufacturers, even though there is a standard they work to, you can see sometimes a 1/2 turn or so difference.
        ---------------
        Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
        ---------------
        “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
        ---------
        "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
        ---------
        sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Working...
        X