X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Microdrain ballguide question

I just purchased a D65S reel and it came with a ballguide that slips onto the camera. Included with the ballguide are two additional parts shown in the attached picture.

One is a half-sleeve and the other is a full sleeve with two screws to hold the halfs together. Both look like they fit around the spring. (The ballguide is not shown in the pic.)

What are these sleeve parts for? Do they prevent the ballguide from moving or rotating on the spring? Do I use one or both of these extra parts in front or behind the guide?

Thanks,
    Bert
    Attached Files

Re: Microdrain ballguide question

The top part is used to disassemble the camera head.

Not too sure about the other part it wasn't included in my kit. Looks like another type of guide to me.

Comment

Originally posted by AssTyme View Post
      The top part is used to disassemble the camera head.

Not too sure about the other part it wasn't included in my kit. Looks like another type of guide to me.
      Thanks, do you know of a good source of guides for larger pipe diameters, or something similar to the star guides that the full-size See Snakes have?

Comment

Originally posted by hochwald View Post
        Thanks, do you know of a good source of guides for larger pipe diameters, or something similar to the star guides that the full-size See Snakes have?

What sized lines are you looking to do with a microDrain ?

Call Terry at All Star Sewer he can/will make any ball guides you might want.

1-800-950-5023

Comment

4" lines

I bot the MicroDrain from him, will ask about guides.

Comment

4" lines

I bot the MicroDrain from him, will ask about guides.

I wouldn't be poking around in too many 4" lines (especially cast) with a microDrain, be careful.

Comment

Originally posted by AssTyme View Post
              I wouldn't be poking around in too many 4" lines (especially cast) with a microDrain, be careful.
              OK, thanks, is the problem that the camera will the flip in the line?

Comment

OK, thanks, is the problem that the camera will the flip in the line?

Yes, I only use my microDrain on toilets, lines 2" and under and maybe for a quick short peek in larger lines.

Comment

the micro drain is a specialty camera and not a main line camera. the pushrod cable is way to flexible and the transmitter is not as powerful.

the best all around camera is the seesnake mini.

rick.
                  phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                    the micro drain is a specialty camera and not a main line camera. the pushrod cable is way to flexible and the transmitter is not as powerful.

the best all around camera is the seesnake mini.

rick.

I don't think the microDrain even comes with a sonde ???

Comment

the 65' microdrain has it as an option. 512 hz. perfect for pool piping 1.5'' and larger with sch 40, 90's to navigate and locate leaks.

SeeSnakeĀ® microDrain

rick.
                      phoebe it is

Comment

I bought 65' with Sonde for small piping, not heavyduty mainline use, but would like to use it on mains to the extent I can since I don't have a Mini.

What do you recommend for the Sonde receiver?

I might get the L100 reel for the 4" lines if the D65 is too flexible.

Comment

I bought 65' with Sonde for small piping, not heavyduty mainline use, but would like to use it on mains to the extent I can since I don't have a Mini.

What do you recommend for the Sonde receiver?

I might get the L100 reel for the 4" lines if the D65 is too flexible.

Ridgid Scout.

Comment

I use my MicroDrain in 3" and 4" cast and clay all the time. It's not great for seeing the inside top half of the pipe but it does okay. Sure it'll flip back on you if it hits a rough joint but it pops right back without damage.
                            My Scout won't pick up the MicroDrain transmitter over 4 feet deep. Less if through a concrete floor but it's very accurate under 2 feet deep. Even more so than my full size camera.

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
                              I use my MicroDrain in 3" and 4" cast and clay all the time. It's not great for seeing the inside top half of the pipe but it does okay. Sure it'll flip back on you if it hits a rough joint but it pops right back without damage.
                              My Scout won't pick up the MicroDrain transmitter over 4 feet deep. Less if through a concrete floor but it's very accurate under 2 feet deep. Even more so than my full size camera.

Using a sonde in a full sized Ridgid reel and in 4" cast what is maximum depth in average conditions ?

Comment

Working...
                              X