X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Die head for 00-R vs 12-R

Hello, I have a 12-R manual threader and need to buy a 1" NPT die head. Does anyone know if the die heads are interchangeable with the manual threaders (00-R, 11-R, 12-R) or will I definitely need a 37400 for my 12-R instead of a 36900?

Wouldn't you know, my 1/2" and 3/4" die heads are NPT but my 1" die head is NPSM and I need to thread some 1" black iron for gas line.

Hand Threader Die Heads - RIDGID Professional Tools

Thank you very much.

Re: Die head for 00-R vs 12-R

They are not interchangeable.
    AllurePlumbing.com
    • leak detection
    • drain cleaning
    • utility locating
    • conductor fault locating
    • and other specialties.

Greensboro NC, Winston-Salem NC, High Point NC, Thomasville NC, Kernersville NC

Comment

the 12r is a larger threader and uses the larger die heads. therefore the 00r and 12r are not interchangeable. only the dies are, not the complete die head.

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Speaking of which, I never understood why so many different models of fixed threading heads. There's:

11-R, 12-R, 00-R, 111-R, 0-R...

many using the same dies. Seems only one or two models would suffice. And then there are the adjustable ones...

Comment

You cannot go wrong with the 12 or die heads. Their biggest advantage is they fit in the 700.
          AllurePlumbing.com
          • leak detection
          • drain cleaning
          • utility locating
          • conductor fault locating
          • and other specialties.

Greensboro NC, Winston-Salem NC, High Point NC, Thomasville NC, Kernersville NC

Comment

Thank you, everyone, for the responses.

I guess another (less expensive) solution would be for me to order the replacement teeth (threading dies) instead of buying an entire new die head... assuming the die heads are interchangeable with the NPSM and NPT dies.

Originally posted by Gettinit View Post
            You cannot go wrong with the 12 or die heads. Their biggest advantage is they fit in the 700.

Comment

Originally posted by Gettinit View Post
              they make or made an adaptor so one can use the others (at least the 111-R) in the 700 as well, they may make an adapter for the other sizes as well,

Model No...Capacity ...Use Adapter

12-R ..1/8" through 2" ... —

OO-R ..1/8" through 1" .. 770

O-R ...1/8" through 1" .... 771

11-R ..1/8" though 11/4" 772

111-R. 1/8" through 11/4" 773

Threader
              Model No.
              Use Adapter
              Model No.
              Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
              attributed to Samuel Johnson
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Originally posted by mkurela View Post
                Thank you, everyone, for the responses.

I guess another (less expensive) solution would be for me to order the replacement teeth (threading dies) instead of buying an entire new die head... assuming the die heads are interchangeable with the NPSM and NPT dies.
                i'm not sure if that will work. that requires a call to tech services or for me to dig deeper into the ridgid bible.

rick.
                phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
                X