Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this bath pluming drawing all right?

Hi everyone,

I am doing a basement bathroom. There is cast in the floor I am tieing into. I have been doing a lot of reading and came up with this drawing. I am not sure I need a vent because I am so close to the stack? A plumber friend of mine said I didn't need one and after all the reading, I am second guessing what he told me. I know the wye must be turned up 45º. I am also thinking of using a 4" to 3" fernco to convert the 4" to 3" before the 90 where it turns to the toilet. The 4"cast is 2 3/4" under the slab and I could use the space for the closet 90 and toilet flange.

Would really like feedback if you can. Thanks a lot.

-Tom

Click image for larger version

Name:	41089502d98c51a1dd30e85474b18a96.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	85.1 KB
ID:	16627

Re: Is this bath pluming drawing all right?

Originally posted by Soundman View Post
    Hi everyone,

I am doing a basement bathroom. There is cast in the floor I am tieing into. I have been doing a lot of reading and came up with this drawing. I am not sure I need a vent because I am so close to the stack? A plumber friend of mine said I didn't need one and after all the reading, I am second guessing what he told me. I know the wye must be turned up 45º. I am also thinking of using a 4" to 3" fernco to convert the 4" to 3" before the 90 where it turns to the toilet. The 4"cast is 2 3/4" under the slab and I could use the space for the closet 90 and toilet flange.

Would really like feedback if you can. Thanks a lot.

-Tom

Click image for larger version

Name:	41089502d98c51a1dd30e85474b18a96.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	85.1 KB
ID:	16627
    I'm not aware of any plumbing codes that allow you to install any waste piping smaller than 2" id under the ground. Most codes I'm aware of would also require you to vent the toilet with a 2" vent, and the shower also needs to be vented, and have a p-trap under the ground.
    Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

Thanks for the response. My plumber stopped by today and everything is good. He said the distance to the vent that we have will be fine.

Cheers.

Comment

Oh, and we will be running 2" for the tub.

Comment

Working...
        X