X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grid Strainer Pop-Up?

Is there any way, or any product, that you can have a grid strainer be able to work with a pop-up?

Another way to put it, I have a customer with a sink, has a grid strainer that can't be removed, that they would like to be able to use like a typical pop-up.

That would make it being closed inside the drain underneath somehow as far as I can think. Haven't ran into it before and thought some of you have.

An umbrella drain will not work either. The grid is a decorative type grid they want to keep.

Thanks for any ideas.

Re: Grid Strainer Pop-Up?

not that i can think of. They can have either/or.... not both.

Comment

Here's the sink so you don't think I'm completely crazy.

http://www.us.kohler.com/us/Lilies-L...crollTop%3D171

And if I've missed some magic popup I'm not aware of.

Wonder if I could make some sort of internal "reverse" popup? Hmmmmm......bet that would get nasty quick though.

Comment

Butterfly valve soldered to the tailpiece?
        Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
          Butterfly valve soldered to the tailpiece?
          As good as anything I have thought up.

Thanks.

Comment

See, this is what happens when plumbing fixtures transcend function
            and become works of art. I know it's nothing new, as down through the
            generations designers have deemed it necessary to beautify these humble
            yet vital vessels. Today's customers expect these delicacies to operate
            as conventional fixtures when they are clearly not designed to do so.
            What a shock that Kohler would offer a 2G lav with no pop up.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Jim View Post
              See, this is what happens when plumbing fixtures transcend function
              and become works of art. I know it's nothing new, as down through the
              generations designers have deemed it necessary to beautify these humble
              yet vital vessels. Today's customers expect these delicacies to operate
              as conventional fixtures when they are clearly not designed to do so.
              What a shock that Kohler would offer a 2G lav with no pop up.
              And the designer with the degree was just beaming with pride when she went home to tell her friends about her amazing creation.

"They're casting them today! Whoopeeee!!!"

Comment

Thinking some more....make an extension handle come straight out the front with a decorative handle. So you won't pull up but rather turn a knob to stop the water.
                Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                  Thinking some more....make an extension handle come straight out the front with a decorative handle. So you won't pull up but rather turn a knob to stop the water.
                  Thanks. We started to look into commercial sink-type ones but I couldn't make it work in my noggin'. Turn a knob. Interesting idea. I'll give it some thought. The front is totally open for a handle of some type. It's mounted on one of those deals where it's basically a piece of furniture rather than a bathroom cabinet.

My "idea" was to make some sort of internal reverse popup with different sized pipes. Pushes up into the bottom to block. Just need a welder, CNC, lathe, 2 midgets and a nun to make it though.

P.S. Called Kohler today. Lady says "I've checked with engineering, the drain is cast in place. It is all one piece and not removable."

Comment

A Decorative stopper would be a easy fix

Comment

Working...
                    X