X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rental Problems...

I have a small 2bd 1bath house that has been having drain problems lately.

It was rented to a lady who lived alone for 2 years with no problems but now renting to a woman with 2 small girls I'm having problems.

I've called roto rooter twice and another place once, seems like about 2-4 months apart.

Roto offered to dig up the pipe to the street for a 2-3 thousand, then when I didn't do that they offered to put a pressure washer down it for $750.

This other place told me I needed a liner for 7grand.

I'm a contractor, just not a plumbing contractor but I could dig up and replace the pipe, just not sure what I should use to replace 4" clay pipe.

The pipe doesn't look that bad when they put the camera down it.

Not sure if just replacing the run to the street would fix everything, it's a slab house.

Guess it would be a start.

Thoughts, suggestions?

Thanks

Re: Rental Problems...

where in so cal are you? im in la.

when they do snake the line, do they pull back anything like baby wipes? or is it just a soft stoppage/ sludge?

of course it sounds like there is no video to share on you tube. a blank dvd cost less than 50 cents. yet more and more companies never tape the sewer and just expect that the owner knows good from bad.

i've been super busy doing camera work as more and more homeowners are wising up and calling for a real second opinion.

of course it's never as bad as they claim it is and the camera and tape doesn't lie like the salesman from the prior companies.

my suggestion is to post the video and if it doesn't exist, then pay a reputable company to make a proper tape and post it for a free second opinion. plus what has been found in the line when they snake.

a jetter is great for roots and sludge when used with the right machine, nozzle and operator.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

I'm out in Hemet.

I'll have to find someone local to do some sort of evaluation and do something instead of this routine.

No they don't come up with anything, just clear it out. They do the camera afterwords.

It just shows a rough interior surface but basically no obstructions.

I don't think it's the tenant, just that there's 3 times as many people living there.

Thanks

Comment

definetly get a second opinion before you dig. The big company's, more often than not, upsale a job to get more money
        The Other Rick

Comment

welcome back rick

aren't you right around the corner from hemit?

phoebe wants to play in the snow this year. we can make a weekend of it.

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

yes Rick, Hemet is on the bottom of the hill, about 20 miles from me. Bring the family up anytime, I'll arrange for some snow
            The Other Rick

Comment

firgure we will make a weekend of it. stay in palm springs and take the tram up for the day.

phoebe is all grown up now at 26 months

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

Rick
                The tram does not go all the way to Idyllwild, its about 8 miles short, from the tram its a 8 mile hike down hill into town, then 5 miles up to my place. If only the tram came into town, that would be quite a link between Palm Springs to Idyllwild, but at quite a cost.
                The Other Rick

Comment

Working...
                X