Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Use muriatic acid on big rock in the sewer line

Originally posted by DELCASE View Post
    Lol its a welcome site

If you were able to pull the rock back to the closet bend could you then bust it up with a hammer drill to get it out
    The problem is the rock would have to be lifted vertical 12-14 inches as well as be pulled thru a heel 90 and other fittings, in my experience this is very difficult.

I am going to try Friday for the home owner, i will try multiple tricks.. I will take photos for everyone to see!

Comment

Originally posted by killavolt View Post
      It is....to me...!
      The Avitar?

Comment

I have a 12' foot 2" hose for the shop vac, and if it is a 3 or 4 inch line and the distance is not that far, I think I would give it a try, at least I am reading from above 9 feet,
        all I know is if I get a seal on the hose on something when vacuuming that vac can lift a lot of weight.
        Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
        attributed to Samuel Johnson
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Waytay, ask Rick about fancy jetting nozzels. Gotta be something that can dislodge and push down to larger dia. drain. Dont know much about muriatic acid but that in itself should be enough to make one reassess. Down here we say there is more than one way to run over a cat................!!!!
          There has to be anotehr way that is safer than acid.

Comment

It will laugh at the acid. Won't do anything to it except maybe clean it up a little.

If it went in, it can be brought out. My fear would be that it was inside the pipe before the fittings were attached. That might make it impossible to remove.
            This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

on the acid unless one can plug the pipe below the rock, and then pond or flood the pipe, I do not think you will see hardly any results, besides the danger of handling with it,
              Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
              attributed to Samuel Johnson
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Working...
              X